General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

question about Civics in general

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2006, 05:33 PM
Default question about Civics in general

hey all
im 15 and a half years old, about to turn 16 in 3 weeks. and i will have my license. i was debating getting a Honda civic, because i hear they are quite customizable and very good first cars. i would want to customize it with a good system, and maybe some lights or even some deeper mods that i could do. i dont know much about cars, so maybe you guys could recommend me a good looking eclipse, and for what mileage and things to look out for, adn waht basic stuff i could do to make it look very good and last me a long time
i would also like to as some would say "Rice it out" meaning make it like an asian car. i really like cars like that, so if i could do that, maybe i would get this over a mitsubishi eclipse
is this car better than an eclipse?
could you give me some general guidelines about buying a Honda civic. PS(i can only get my car in October or December) i need to pay for insurance as well

please help me out

thank you

Old 06-12-2006, 06:01 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: question about Civics in general

Hey, welcome to HCF.

IMO a Civic would be a much better first car than an Eclipse. I'm not just saying that either. If I wasn't a Honda freek I would probably be a DSM tuner. Civics are so popular becasue of the reliability, modability, and the ridiculous aftermarket support, and becasue of the huge aftermarket, the parts are plentiful and cheap.

With the money that you save buying a Civic instead of an Eclipse, you could get a big head start on your mods... in whatever direction you choose to go with it. I am not gonna tell you not to "rice it out," especially if you want to build a show car, but dont' forget about the performance that those mods will imply.

Old 06-12-2006, 06:17 PM
Default RE: question about Civics in general

lol well, i kind of want a Rice car, that has pretty decent speed. would a civic do that??
i want to like totally redo the car, like put in new seats, make it so my ipod works in it, get new steering wheel, new stero system, new heating and cooling(ac and heat) good pedals, better gear shift, and put on like a body kit

how much would this run me extra?

what model Honda would be good to get? what year?