Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

How can I disable the alarm?

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2007, 05:11 AM
Default How can I disable the alarm?

I have an N-reg Honda Civic 4 door hatch back in the prerequisite green and have an amazing problem. The alarm goes off sporadically. It's so annoying, I've had to leave the driver's door open to prevent the neighbours carting me off to a straw man intent on burning me to death. The very idea that I have to leave the car open in order to disable the intrusion alarm is a paradox on the scale of a journey back in time to kill my own grandmother. Can someone please point me to a guide so I can end my pain. Thanks in advance. Geoff.

Old 06-23-2007, 12:51 PM
Default RE: How can I disable the alarm?

what year is your car? it is the factory alarm or do you got an after market alarm?

Old 06-23-2007, 01:25 PM
Default RE: How can I disable the alarm?

did u just say u have an 4 door hatchback civic? but anyways if its that bad or annoying u can alway lift the hood up and cut the siren wire. but wat alarm system u have if u can tell us that we can find out how to put ur car on silent alarm or use the valet switch to turn it off. but for us to do that u have to have the alarm remote and tell us wats the alarm brand