Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

power window and power mirror stopped working at same time

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2010, 03:31 PM
Default power window and power mirror stopped working at same time

I noticed that the driver side power mirror had stopped working. When I started investigating I noticed that when I had the drivers side door open the power mirror adjuster would work. Looks like when the bundle of wires that power the driver side door are flexed (opening door) it made the connection. Here is where I made the mistake... with the door opened I moved the bundle of wires with my hand. I did not pull on the bundle , just simply moved it to test it's flexibility. After I did that I was never able to get the driver side power mirror to work with the door open again.... and worse the driver side power window was down at the time and it too stopped working.
Should I go ahead and replace the wiring harness that resides between the driver side door and car?

Old 02-14-2010, 04:21 PM
Default possible solution

I have found several posts on this forum describing my issue. The others claim that some power device (mirror, window, lock) on the passenger door stopped working. The device would work with the door fully opened (flexing the harness between door and car). I am 99.9% sure that the passenger door-to-car wiring harness is my issue. Is this a one piece system that can be replaced? I am not really intrested in correcting the broken wires as in a matter of time they will break again or others will break... I prefer to replace harness if possible.

Old 02-14-2010, 06:42 PM
HCF Member

did you check the fuses ??

Old 02-14-2010, 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by S142JZKillaV10
did you check the fuses ??
I should have mentioned that I have checked the fuses