Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

wont start in cold (more diffacult-not typical)

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2005, 09:05 AM
Default wont start in cold (more diffacult-not typical)

My 98' civic ex has a very hard time starting in the cold and usually wont if its a 0deg or lower but i have a great batter and connections are great. for some reason the car fulds out right away then will not start. what i can do is unplug the injectors then try to crank it over and let the plugs burn off the excess fuel in the cylinder then pulg them back in and try it with the pedal to the floor (its the only way it even tryes to start) sometimes this works the first time and sometimes i have to repeat that step a few times i have replaced the coolant temp sensor and it has new plugs and wires and seems to have sufficiant spark and of course it is getting enough fuel but seems to get to much if any of you have any help or info please help i need this car running. thanks much

Old 12-19-2005, 03:52 PM
Default RE: wont start in cold (more diffacult-not typical)

my guess is something to do with the fuel injection system. a sensor maybe. try checking the maf sensor if it's clogged up or working at all. or maybe the o2 sensor. could also be the fuel regulator.

Old 12-22-2005, 09:50 AM
Default RE: wont start in cold (more diffacult-not typical)

you'll have to run a diagnostic, several things
could cause this best guess as fore mentioned
maf sensor