New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

Hello Everyone! New guy here.

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2012, 10:15 PM
Default Hello Everyone! New guy here.

Hello everyone. My name is Jesse. I am currently living in Arkansas. I had my Civic a long time ago, but I stumbled upon the forum and saw a few of the stickies and figured I'd post up.

I had a 1996 Civic DX Coupe that I spent a lot of time and a little money on. I did a full B16a SiR/5 Speed swap. Mods included, Innovative Solid Motor Mounts, Greddy header, Spectre(Auto Zone) intake, Mishimoto Dual Core Radiator, A/C Delete, P/S Delete, Lightweight Crank pulley, F1 Racing Stage 3 clutch, Fidanza lightweight flywheel, and a custom Moroso Spiral flow exhaust I cut and welded. There may have been more but that's all I can remember for the motor and transmission.

Then on suspension I installed the full Skunk2 Camber kit, Skunk2 rear tower bar, Skunk2 rear strut bar, R.E. front tower bar, Skunk2 H brace, Tein Springs(All 4 corners), KYB AGX Struts(All 4 corners), and some knock-off 17" 6 spoke wheels. It was lowered about 2 inches.

Here are some pics, I have more updated pics on my other computer, I'll upload them later.
Here's the after about a week after I owned it. Did the stripes, wheels, and got the hood.

Then I did the motor swap(Lots of fun lol)

Then a little later, got a new bumper, new fogs, and painted it.

And this is the Interior right after the swap. Changed alot since then. I'll post more soon

Yes that is a push button start setup. The original ignition cylinder wouldn't unlock the key so I put a switch on it then I decided to make it at least look better and be functional. Car would not start with just the key, procedure was, insert and turn key, flip both switches, and press the button. Worked great!

And I had the big Autometer Tach because the cluster tach didn't work.

Let me know what you guys think. Hope to meet some cool people. Btw, quick question that I didn't see in the Stickies. Is there a post requirement before posting in the classifieds?

Old 04-30-2012, 04:41 AM

Welcome to the forum. Not many people from Arkansas pop up on here so it's nice to see another local.

Nice engine choice. Honestly, not feeling the hood. But I'll bet that thing moves pretty quick though.

There is a 25 post minimum to use the classifieds section.

Old 04-30-2012, 05:49 AM

Welcome to the forum!

Old 04-30-2012, 07:22 PM

Thanks. Yeah the hood was a long time ago. I was 15, and now I'm 20. I was basically raised on muscle cars and wanted something new so the hood was part of the muscle car side of me. My first vehicle at 14 was a 66 Dodge D100 Step side pickup with the 318 V8 that my dad bought for about $100 and I took 2 years of non stop work to fully restore. I was home schooled during those 2 years because my dad left me and my Mom and I live 40 miles from the nearest city so no school bus and she had to work. So I didn't really have anything else to do except work on my truck. Then I bought my civic and it was the same thing. Nothing else to really do.

Old 05-01-2012, 12:53 AM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by B16SiR
Thanks. Yeah the hood was a long time ago. I was 15, and now I'm 20. I was basically raised on muscle cars and wanted something new so the hood was part of the muscle car side of me. My first vehicle at 14 was a 66 Dodge D100 Step side pickup with the 318 V8 that my dad bought for about $100 and I took 2 years of non stop work to fully restore. I was home schooled during those 2 years because my dad left me and my Mom and I live 40 miles from the nearest city so no school bus and she had to work. So I didn't really have anything else to do except work on my truck. Then I bought my civic and it was the same thing. Nothing else to really do.
well then you need to start a project thread and tell me what those switches do!

Old 05-01-2012, 03:32 AM

I stated what the switches do under the picture.

And I don't have this car anymore so I can't make a project thread for it. I can on some of my past and current projects but they aren't Hondas lol