Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

2011 civic radio stopped working after airbag recall?

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2019, 11:29 AM
Default 2011 civic radio stopped working after airbag recall?

Hello I'm new to the forum, hoping I could get some insight. Prior to dropping my car off at the dealership for the passenger airbag recall, my car radio (factory) was working just fine, granted the LCD was growing a bit dim when the sun is blaring at it, you can still see everything. So we took it to the dealership, they worked on it. My husband called them to check if they were done working on the car, they said that it's done but told him that he might want to replace the radio screen for $250 due to dimming, he said no cuz we could still see on the radio screen and the radio works fine. Fast forward to when we picked the car up, started the car and the radio screen stayed blank, turned the headlights on to see if the backlight would turn on the radio screen. Did not turn on, no backlight no nothing. Would not turn on no matter what we did. Called one of the service guys over to look and he said that as far as he knows, they don't mess with the radio when changing the passenger airbag, basically it's just some weird coincidence that the radio screen is done for at the same time as we brought it in.

I'm just wondering if anyone here knows anything that could've happened, or any insight for that matter. Should I just replace the radio completely or should I be looking into anything else? Any help is appreciated!

TLDR

- car radio working fine

- took car to the dealership for airbag recall

- was recommended to have radio screen replaced for $250 on the phone when we called to ask if the car was ready, we declined as the radio was working fine

- picked the car up, radio screen dead, unable to turn on radio (no sounds since battery was disconnected and would need to punch the radio code in, but unable to do so since we cant see anything on the dead screen?)

- Help!