Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

95 civic cd installaiton problem

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2006, 01:14 AM
Default 95 civic cd installaiton problem

I have a 95 honda civic LX, i bought a CD player and tried to install it myslef. I just bassically connect the colors of the wires on the harness to theplayer and match it up. but for some reason the CD player powers up (lights up blue) but thats about it, i couldnt do anything else on the player.I pressed the power, and all the buttons but nothing happened .I thought the cd player was broken so i replaced it with exact same thing at the store , I tried to intall it again and it did exactly the same thing, I dont know what the problem because the harness that i bought is the same color as the cd player so there is no way that i am connecting wrong wire. PLEASE help!

Old 12-30-2006, 04:52 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: 95 civic cd installaiton problem

the colors doesn't matter....i bought an alpine deck for my 03 lx and alot of the colros were the smae but same weren't and those some could ruin everything read whats on the wires and make sure they match don't depend on colors

Old 12-30-2006, 05:01 PM
Recognized HCF Member
Default RE: 95 civic cd installaiton problem

if you bought a aftermarket radio harness the colors should be matching to most newer aftermarket radios.... not always but MOST are matching now...
first thing to check.... check for power at both the red and yellow wires.... if not check your fuses... ya probably blew a fuse.... or the fuse on the radio or inline fuse for the radio might be blown or missing also....

my old sony radios had them right below the harness plug. other older radios used inline fuses thru the power wires....

i just hope you actualy bought a aftermarket radio harness... and didnt just slice in the radio wires into yoru stock harness..... if so ya got some real problems to deal with..... cause those wires never match up!