Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

any ideas for brisled material...

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2006, 09:09 PM
Recognized HCF Member
Default any ideas for brisled material...

well for my next box id like to clean up the trunk area with walls and such...

and well the HARDEST thing to do is to somewhat keep the trunk ARMS to keep them somewhat hidden and still open/closable.LOL

not sure how to reay discribe it.... preaty much like two brooms to somewhat act like a sweeping action everytime you open and close the trunk.... mainly just to hide them.... instead of just a hole in the mdf for the trunk lid arms to go thru.......

Old 07-31-2006, 07:06 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: any ideas for brisled material...

i dont quite get what u are talkin about but i think if u looked at the acura tl trunk it might help u
it has something that hides them well so u dont have to worry about them closing on ur stuff. i would reccomend checking that out for ideas. if u go to their website and go to the virtual showroom it is in there.

Old 07-31-2006, 07:47 PM
Recognized HCF Member
Default RE: any ideas for brisled material...

well its kinda like this... BUT where you see the open hole i want the brisles that will hide the hole when opened... but still move outta the way when i close the trunk lid....

this is how i did my old towncar false wall...
as you can see the trunk arm has a big hole which is just a open area... which doesnt look to good.

from what pics ive seen on the TL its trunk arm is realy smooth and made to be hidden which looks nice...

but my trunk arms werent designed that smooth
and when they fold down they hang down preaty good.....
and basicaly what i want to do is find some kind of bristel material... doesnt have to be long bristles.. just thick enough where i can put two facing each other so the trunk arm can go thru it.. which would basicaly act like a sweeping motion.... that way when i open the trunk lid to show off the system you cannt see behind the false wall where the trunk arms go thru when closed... very hard to describe!!!!! LOL

thats what mine looks like right now......
basicaly consider the black wall all the way around the trunk.... this is how i did my old towncar which id like to do something similar BUT this time the sub and port firing into the cabin.... and just my amps mounted like that in the rear... all the wires hidden with a clean look to it! and this time ill be puting in some plexiglass and some more lighting OF COURSE

http://www.sounddomain.com/ride/217017/2

thats how i built it.. sorry for small pics but for some reason SDmade my pics smaller than they used to be.....
and this time im sticken with black trunk carpet that matches the currect carpet i used.... it just looks good and flows nicely with the black car