Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

anyone runnen aftermarket radio antena?

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2007, 03:44 PM
Recognized HCF Member
Default anyone runnen aftermarket radio antena?

well id like to delete my roof pillar antena... i swaped my old antena for a aftermarket replacement one thinging it was bad.... but it didnt help... i think it was just either my radio or just bad reception... so needless to say i got my SAT RADIO now for most my listening... BUT i still tune into regular radio stations from time to time and every morning going to work to listen to BOB & TOM..... cause my sat radio doesnt have it on thier i dont think
and without my antena pulled out 15inches i cannt pickup that station

anyone tried a windshield mounted antena wires?
only downfall is i have tint on my top windshield and dont know if that would hurt the reception or not...

Old 02-16-2007, 07:54 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: anyone runnen aftermarket radio antena?

I am pretty sure the window mounts don't do all that well, in any vehicle.

I have the same problem as you do. I get poor reception where my other cars pick up everything.

I have seen aftermarket replacements for those antenna's, and new wiring might not hurt much, since it's gotten quite a bit better since the time of installation in our vehicles.

I would kind of like to have one of those roof mounted center BMW type antenna's, that picks up local and XM. I am going to try and run that one day, if I can find one.

Old 02-16-2007, 07:59 PM

i put a aftermarket powered hidden antenna in my old del sol and it worked great. it was about the size of 2 packs of gum and was in the trunk. i also put a bigger one on our boat and it worked fine too. and that was under the dash to keep it out of the elements.

Old 02-16-2007, 07:59 PM
Recognized HCF Member

ya that would be realy nice to have... tho mines sirius.... tho i can get XM into my alpine BUT i dont know if XM has the playboy channel. LMFAO

i realy wish someone made a power antena for the roof mount honda.... then when i switch my audio it would suck it back down or fully extend it when i turn it on......... that would be nice
my truck never had a prolem... but then again it was huge antena always up.LOL

Old 02-16-2007, 08:01 PM
Recognized HCF Member

ORIGINAL: ef4life

i put a aftermarket powered hidden antenna in my old del sol and it worked great. it was about the size of 2 packs of gum and was in the trunk. i also put a bigger one on our boat and it worked fine too. and that was under the dash to keep it out of the elements.
what kind you talken about? and whered ya buy it from?

i used to use these old powered boosters but i cannt find anyplace that sells them anymore to try em out...

Old 02-16-2007, 08:14 PM
HCF Member

http://www.electronixwarehouse.com/c...s/boosters.htm

looks like a gay site, but they have one.

You could always install an automated version and just cut a hole in the trunk. They work pretty well.