Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

anyone who knows dynamat

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2006, 04:20 PM
Default anyone who knows dynamat

my speakers don't sound very good so my friend told me to buy some dynamat i don't know anything about dynamat so if anyone has experiece with it tell me if i should buy it? i have found some http://www.uscaraudio.com/cgi-bin/us...atalogno=10455 at www.uscaraudio.com .

ty

jt

Old 05-31-2006, 05:26 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: anyone who knows dynamat

dynamat is for keeping the sound direted at you instead of going all over the place were theres no need for it, and keeping things from rattling...you put it around your speaker enclsure and around places that are rattling

its very expensive tho...you can buy stuff called brown bread or B-quiet that do the same thing but are less expensive

Old 05-31-2006, 11:20 PM
HCF Member

well its not really going to affect the quality of the speaker. just the noise around it. it really helps with rattling though. my doors, back deck, and entire trunk is dynamatted and i cant hear ANY rattles inside the car. outside sounds like **** though because of the spoiler and the rear plastic license plate holder. inside i cant hear it rattling though. well i got mine for like $125 off ebay. i got a bulk pack. really not that expensive but installation was - over 4 hours of work and over $200 to install the dynamat

Old 06-01-2006, 09:42 AM
HCF Member

Thats a decent price for Xtreme. I find that when you cover the inside of the doors and isolate the speakers back wave you get much better sound. Plus your car will ride quieter and stay a little warmer in the winter. Its well worth it in my eyes , unless you are going for light weight in which case you are looking at the exact wrong product!!! I have my car covered in a similar material called Cascade. They make more types of product than Dynamat and cost about the same. They even make a paint on liquid for the hard to reach places. But thats a fair price for that product in your original post JTsmith. Use it if you want, it will help. Also consider doing the speaker reflex pads that they sell, I believe they are called Xsorb or something to that effect.

Old 06-02-2006, 08:40 PM

I've used dynamat in a number of my vehicles. It does really help give the speakers a crisper sound and it does keep things from rattling. I have some pictures of an install with Dynamat in my GMC Sierra. I put some on the 3rd door panel when I replaced the 4x6 speakers with Polk 4x6s. I can email the pics if you would like.

Old 06-03-2006, 09:59 AM
HCF Member

Not only will it stop vibration, like stated above, it will act as insulation. And to make it even better, if you apply it properly and use it right, it will even kill a good amount of road noise. Silly is right, if you take the dorr panels off and deaden the whole door it will do wonders. A deadened car is easy to identify. Whereas deadened, you can tap on the outside on the body panels. You will get a 'thud'.

However, it tends to weigh your car down a good bit if you use enough.

Old 06-04-2006, 02:48 AM

I find the whole rattling thing annoying. I hate it when my stereo is turned down and I'm driving. I just hear jitters and squeaks all over the place! And when I close my door it sounds like someone in the kitchen just dropped the fine china. (well...Maybe not that bad) Oh yeah, and on the freeway, I have to yell in order to communicate. So where would be the best place to start with this? I'm just need to make my car more comfortable since it is daily driven... A lot... Thanks!