Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Best Buy Sucks

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2009, 07:01 AM
HCF Member
Default Best Buy Sucks

Alright, so after a combined total of 8 hours to have my stereo installed at best buy, last night i realize theres an out of control wildfire in my home town that i can drive too, however i ran into a failed attempt to listen to the news on my radio. the god damned ******* didnt hook my radio wires back up, is this an easy fix because i do not wanna go back to that hell hole.

Old 08-28-2009, 07:27 AM

Pull out the headunit. There is one plug for the radio (looks kinda like a big headphone plug). You should be able to plug that right into the back of the headunit and be fine.

Old 08-28-2009, 07:54 AM
Recognized HCF Member

You may be able to reach the back of the head unit while it is still installed by looking up from under the dash.

Old 08-28-2009, 10:43 AM
HCF Member

Best Buy doesn't suck. The idiot that installed the system sucks. It's just a coincidence that the idiot worked at Best Buy.

Old 08-28-2009, 11:43 AM
HCF Member

^That's one politically correct statement you have there

Old 08-28-2009, 03:10 PM
June 2010 ROTM

I stopped having other people touch my cars years ago. I blame Obama. j/k

Old 08-28-2009, 07:02 PM

I wouldn't necessarily call him an idiot... sometimes those antenna plugs can be a pain in the ***. Over time, they can become loose (the metal thing on the side of the plug that protrudes outwards becomes pushed in more and more) and they can slip off the back of the stereo while sliding it back into the dash.

I've installed car stereos probably 10 times in a few different cars and one of the more recent times I had the same thing happen. It's an honest mistake and not necessarily his fault. If this is how it happened, then it's the fault of your worn out antenna cord plug.

But seriously... installing a stereo isn't hard. Use your brain and do it yourself. If you're too lazy to install your own stereo then I have no sympathy for any problems you run into when having someone else install it for you... especially when you're quick to judge the business over an honest mistake, and judge the whole business based on the mistake of an individual employee for that matter. Did you go back and tell them or what?

Last edited by trustdestruction; 08-28-2009 at 07:05 PM.
Old 08-29-2009, 06:48 AM
Recognized HCF Member

o well your 97 civic... will be a PITA IF they mounted the radio to the bezels metal cage! BUT if they mounted it into the metal sleeve that the radio manufacture provided then you should be able to get the 2 pieces of metal prongs that they should have gave you and slide one on each side in the middle between the outter metal case and the radio. on most you have to pull the face off.
andn with those 2 pieces of metal stuck all the way in you SHOULD be able to pull the radio out from the dash seperatly. and then just slide the radio antena back into the radio.
some vehicles can be a PITA to push the antenas in BUT what i do is if i need to use a adapter then i use electrical tape to secure the adapter to the factory wire, or if no adaptor is needed and its just really short then use a small extension.

they guy just rushed because those 96-98 civic dashs are a huge PITA to remove and put back that he just didnt properly test the unit like he should have!
ive done that woops no radio antena quite a few times with my radios so now i always test them out before i put back one single trim piece back on the vehicle!

so dont be to hard on the installer. its your car that was the real PITA.LOL been there done that and converted the dash to the 99-00 style those heater controls SUCK!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-29-2009, 08:07 AM
HCF Member

On my '97, the radio antenna cable was very short. In fact, the only thing that made it possible to hookup from the front of the dash and then slide the radio in was the fact that the antenna hookup hangs off the back of the radio on a wire rather than inside the unit. Gave me just enough slack to plug in, and slide in.