Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Dual amp install Question

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2007, 04:43 AM
Default Dual amp install Question

Hi guys, i have a directed 2400 amp that i am going to power 3 cvr's with and a kenwood 40x4 that i was going to use to power my 4 pioneer rev components. I have the subs wired and drilled in the box, sitting in my trunkand the components are already installed in the doors and the rear deck. I wanted to use a dual amp kit and put both of the amps under my driver seat. I was just going to run speaker wire from the box in the trunk and hide as i run it to the amp under the seat to the directed amp. I was wondering, for the ground wires, would i be able to unbolt the seat brakets on two sides and use thoseto wire mymy ground wires for each amp? I think that would be really easy because i refuse to drill holes in my car. Alsothis is the first time i will ever be powering components with a mild amp. I have installed amp kits for subs in the past, but for componetns would i run the speaker wires to the R, L, (all 4)speaker wires connected to the cd player? The only reason that i amwanting to hide both amps under my seat is that i have the Rockford Fosgate dual amp kit and the wires are short as hell because this set up is going into a civic sedan (1999)and the amp wire won't stretch nicley in my trunk (its used, so im guessing it was cut a little bit).

THANK YOU SO MUCH IN ADVANCE!!!

Old 05-15-2007, 04:55 AM
Default RE: Dual amp install Question

the deck is a jvc KD-AVX1

Old 05-28-2007, 09:17 AM
Default RE: Dual amp install Question

I would buy a new wire kit because amps can overheat under seats plus most amps would be hard to adjust if they were under a seat. one trick would be to buy a distro block or a second fuse holder and mount it under ur backseat and then just buy 4 feet of power wire to and connect your two lengths of wire with the distro or fuse holder. you could ground to the seat bolts though, just scrach a little paint off hte contact surface and ur set. if u are powering speakers off of an amp u never hook the speaker wires up the headunit because it can cause the headunits amplifier to blow from the power of the kenwood amp. and you have two sets of compoents, for a total of 4 woofers and 4 tweeters?