Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

having trouble wiring my new cd player

Old 10-15-2009, 07:55 AM
Default having trouble wiring my new cd player

I just bough a JVC cd receiver KD-R600g but im having trouble connecting the wires with the adapter.. i have a 2000 Honda civic. here are the pictures how i wired it . i hope i wired it wrong because if not then somethings wrong with my carrr.

Old 11-13-2009, 04:41 PM
HCF Member

what is it doing? disconnect all but red/black/yellow. cover the wires so they dont touch, and turn the car to acc. if u dont see the cd player on check inside fuses and engine bay fuses. it looks to me that u have purple and green mixed up.

Last edited by DjHagios; 11-13-2009 at 05:00 PM.
Old 11-16-2009, 01:04 PM
Recognized HCF Member

Do what Hagios said if you have to. If any of the speaker wires are touching each other or ground, the head unit is likely to shut itself down and seem completely dead. You can also test the head unit on the bench by connecting the black wire to minus of a charged car battery and the red and yellow wires together to plus.

I strongly suggest you do better connections than twist and tape, either solder and tape, crimp-ons (applied with the proper crimper, not pliers) or even wire nuts. If you're going to twist and tape, use a lot more tape.

The fuse that supplies the yellow wire is under the hood. The "radio" one under the dash feeds the red wire. Both fuses must be good or it will not work.

You only need the red, black, yellow, and the speaker wires. Tape up all the unused wires from the adapter seperately from each other. Tape up the blue and blue/white wires from the unit, you don't need them since Civics don't have power antennas.

Old 11-28-2009, 08:03 AM

Originally Posted by mk378

I strongly suggest you do better connections than twist and tape, either solder and tape, crimp-ons (applied with the proper crimper, not pliers) or even wire nuts. If you're going to twist and tape, use a lot more tape.
agreed.

Old 11-28-2009, 09:34 AM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by mk378
If any of the speaker wires are touching each other or ground, the head unit is likely to shut itself down and seem completely dead.
If the speaker wires are touching, then the radio will turn on, it just won't play anything.

it looks like you have your power wires hooked up correctly so you should at least be getting power, although i also recommend using more tape to avoid any problems in the future.

I would starts by checking both fuses for the car's circuit as well as the fuse in the back of the radio itself.

and come one man all you have to do is match the colors for the speaker wire. in one picture you mixed up a purple and a gray and in the other they aren't all hooked up. they need to be right for all the speakers to play correctly

Last edited by Sigracer10; 11-28-2009 at 09:36 AM.
Old 11-28-2009, 01:57 PM
HCF Member

check the fuses like they said. crimp or solder all wires (no twist and tape and no wire nuts they come undone with stranded wires). only connect the black, red, yellow, green, purple, grey and white wires no orange or brown. and unless you have an aftermarket amplifier then you don't need the blue.