Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

installing 4channel amp to run speakers

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2010, 09:37 AM
HCF Member

yup that would be it. take the rca's and connect one y adapter to the red/black/blue then plug it into the 2 red inputs on the amp then take the other adapter plug it into the white/light grey and plug it into the 2 white inputs on the amp

Old 03-16-2010, 05:29 PM
HCF Member

finally installed it. but have another question

i have lots of wires(a bulk) behind the dash from the radio wiring harness. i bought one of those connector harnesses that lets you keep the connector on the cars wiring harness. well the connector harness has to different connectors. one that is for my car and the other for another car. is their a way of cutting that other harness out so i have less bulk? ill try to find an image to clear things up

heres the image:
Name:  harness.jpg
Views: 1008
Size:  6.9 KB

can i cut the other harness wire and be all set? i need less bulk behind the radio

Last edited by Dipsetcivic117; 03-16-2010 at 05:40 PM.
Old 04-03-2010, 04:15 AM
HCF Member

ahhhh problems. after installing the amp to run the speakers, all but the passenger side speaker do not work. i checked all my wiring and it seems correct. i wired the drivers side speaker the same i did the passenger one and it still doesnt work. its really starting to agrevate me. does it matter what channel the speakers are, as in rears are 1+2 or 3+4 and fronts opposite? and when im adjusting the balance and move it to the rear rear speakers work. but when i move it to the front neither speakers up front work.

the way i have it setup is like this.

rca to---->y connector(one female 2 males)---> 2 males to the red hole im amp
rca to---->y connector(one female 2 males)---> 2 males to the white hole im amp
rear speakers are wired from speaker to amp directly
front speakers i ran speaker wire from amp to back of radio where i jumped into after the stock connector. i already had a harness ( so i didnt hack up my stock harness) and that connected to the radio. have picture up above)

and the one speaker dont work and im positive im jumping into the right wires.
i plan on just jumping into the speaker wiring right before the stock radio harness is. hopefully that works. any other suggestions?

Old 04-03-2010, 06:14 AM
HCF Member

to test the speaker wiring take the wires and disconnect them from the amp then take a AA or AAA battery and rub the speaker wires on the positive and negative terminals of the battery you should hear a scratching sound from the speaker if all of those work then it is the amp or the rca spliters