Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Installing factory Nav in a non Nav Civic

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2007, 06:55 PM
Default Installing factory Nav in a non Nav Civic

I want to install the factory Nav unit in a car that did not come with Nav, what will I need to complete the install.

So far I gather I will need the factory NAV dash panel for the double DIN, the NAV unit with the ant and cd.....

What else will I need to complete this unit and make it fully functional with XM, voice and all the goodies it is know for

Old 08-05-2007, 07:15 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Installing factory Nav in a non Nav Civic

For the most part you need to get all the components that come with the factory NAV unit, the xm antenna, the gps antenna, and with wiring harness with you will need to cut and splice into the factory harness. Have you thought about doing an aftermarket nav unit. I'm taking it that you nave a newer civic the 06 or 07. The factory unit will not be able to play dvds and will probably cost you more to purchase, and install than just using a good aftermarket double din unit like the Kenwood Excelon, Eclipse AVN, etc. You will have better audio, more features, and more expandability with those units.