Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

interesting problem with my sound

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2007, 02:28 PM
Default interesting problem with my sound

alright, so i bought my 2000 civic with an aftermarket head unit already installed, and i noticed that the back speakers sounded like they were blown, but when i went for a closer look, sound was only coming out of the right speaker in the rear(my front two speakers sounded fine by the way). so i pulled out my head unit, and i found that the genius who installed the unit didn't even wire up the rear left to the deck! so after i fixed that, i ran into a new problem....now whenever my volume is anywhere near a reasonable level, ALL the speakers crackle as if they're blown, but if i adjust the fader/etc to play through only the front right for instance, its crystal clear....does anyone have any suggestions or ideas as to why its doing this?

Old 08-17-2007, 06:13 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: interesting problem with my sound

Maybe you wired in the rear speaker backwards

Old 08-17-2007, 06:19 PM

is it possible that that's what i did? i mean its entire plausible that i did make a mistake....but would that cause the crackling?

Old 08-17-2007, 11:22 PM
HCF Member

Yes it can actually. if I were you I would listen to each speaker individually when you hear this crackeling. if it seems to get better the closer you are the a speaker, then more than likely one or two of your speakers are wired backwards compared to the others. What is happening is when one speaker is moving in, the other is moving out, together this cancels out the sound waves you hear. The reason that is sounds crackely is because it will only fully cancel each other out if the siganls are identical, and they usually are not.

If this does not work, then it could be that the HU is going bad...