Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

just instaled alpine double din dvd unit... LOVE IT so far!

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2007, 03:58 PM
Recognized HCF Member
Default just instaled alpine double din dvd unit... LOVE IT so far!

well just instaled my Alpine IVA-W200 DVD/LCD/MP3 Double DIN In-Dash Monitor
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...;rd=1&rd=1
so far LOVE THE THING!!!! good ebay seller and very quick shiping!

only thing that i think is total BS if from ALPINE themselves!!!!!!!!
WHY THE F*** do i have to chop away at the outter bezel to make the dam thing fit??? its total BS!!!! they should have several trim panels for different vehicles if they got to! BUT THEY DONT! so i had to cut and grind away at my bezel about a few dozen times trying to get it right and YET i still didnt do that good of a job cause i dont have any precise equipment... just a bansaw and a bench grinder

i dont know how the F*** i can cut a new one to fit perfectly
i might try... or i might not...

BUT so far this thing sounds great!!!!! my old clarion would sound distorted at 3/4volume....
this radio screams with great quality! the only thing holding me back now is the speakers.

and the pictures is great also!
and OF COURSE i got a few other goodies for it.. video bypass, ipod fullspeed cable, and screen protector BUT i already scratched the protector film.... so i got to buy another... i tried to fingernail rub a bubble out and my nails scratched it tho nothing a new film cannt fix... thats why its thier!
only downfall is since its a touch screen.... OF COURSE i got finger prints on the screen alot. LMFAO... i got to figure out the remote control funtions more..
only thing i miss with my clarion is the volume rotary ****... this ones just got two buttons

but funny to see peoples faces when the pull up behind me and see the dvd playing. and yes i know its ILLEGAL to drive with the video playing... BUT its O SO COOL.....LOL

well enough chatter... heres the pics...
tho camera is picken up a glare... but in person its very minor if any!

and ya... i know... but I HAD TO...

i just had to eat my MCds in my car last night just to finish watching family guy dvd.LMFAO
its also sweet how you can play the radio and still watch the dvd video
and i want to get a alpine sirius radio to hook up directly... but downfall is i like my addON unit cause it can playback and search for my favorite songs i have saved. BUT its just so large and realy bright in the mornings let alone the extra wires that i cannt hide

Old 02-02-2007, 04:11 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: just instaled alpine double din dvd unit... LOVE IT so far!

damn dude that looks clean as a motherhumper....lol.I wanna do that later on when i get the time and money.

Old 02-02-2007, 04:20 PM
Recognized HCF Member

ya i love this radio...
another downfall is now i dont have my lower pocket for my voltage display and sunglasses
gotta find another place to put my voltage display...
and where to put my ipod....
downfall is i have to find out a way to do a slot so my ipod with its case can fit down into a few inches and grinding the tabs off the conection cable so it freely conects and disconects with ease! and thats why i want it mounted kinda deep so it wont fly out when i drive like a maniac at times!
i just have to find out HOW to do it.... im thinking of just a cut or fiberglass resin or this liquid plastic stuff i got and drill it out to fit the ipod freely and just glue in the cable and cut off the little clips off that cable...
i woulda already grinded the cable clips BUT my dremels battery is dead

and i figure im gonna TRY and put it on the right side of my shifter.... OR MAYBE in my center console. have to see if it will fit next to the shifter first!

Old 02-02-2007, 04:26 PM
HCF Member

you should make the fiberglass like hump where the cupholders are and have one for your voltage and the other one for your ipod....that one of the only things i could think of.

Old 02-02-2007, 04:31 PM
Recognized HCF Member

well im a FAT @SS fast food maniac...LOL
oen cup holder for my drink... and the other for my coin cup

Old 02-02-2007, 04:42 PM
HCF Member

ok well use your middle ac vents then...you dont need them anyways...lol

Old 02-02-2007, 06:33 PM
Recognized HCF Member

A NO WAY..... thats the main reason why i bought the double din unit... i need my heat vent BAD!!!!! its freaken cold out and i got to be at work at 6am.....

Old 02-02-2007, 08:52 PM
HCF Member

I ran my ipod cord through a tiny opening into the glove box (2000 civic), so yours should be about the same, its a good place for it too, since its all interfaced with the deck you can just throw it in there.

I guess if you want it kinda displayed out and about to look neat that won't work, but hey.

That unit looks amazing, I plan on getting one in the future...Does it work with AMP Link from V12 amps??

Old 02-02-2007, 09:18 PM
HCF Member

ahhh finally got the double din uniti see addction, congratss looks good, and i see ur a maniac for having the heat veents, luckily my single din clarion doesnt cover my heat vents in my eg !!!!! good luck and maybe soon ull get the screen cover to protect ur investment, good luck

Old 02-03-2007, 10:00 AM
Recognized HCF Member

na ive got a screen protector on it! that was the first thing i put on this thing 30seconds after i opened the box.LMFAO it scratched the protective film while trying to rub out a bubble with my finger nail... tho its only in a left top corner... hardly noticable..... but im gonna buy a new film or two just to be save and have a backup if it happens again

only downfall about having the radio is i dont have my tax check now. LMFAO
suposedly i got a guy buying my rims that i put on ebay BUT its looking grim! cause he doesnt have any feedback and after sending him shiping quote of 150-175bucks hes not responding to any emails... been two days.... so starting to get pissed.... another newbie ebayer messen with me!

Quick Reply: just instaled alpine double din dvd unit... LOVE IT so far!