Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

need help figuring out this alarm install+ command start please!

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2012, 08:12 AM
HCF Member
Default need help figuring out this alarm install+ command start please!

alrighty, module in question is the Viper 5900. I've got most of the wiring connections figured out, just not sure what to do about the grn, purp, and orange wires coming off the high current relay for command start.

purple: + starter output (connect to starter wire)
is this easiest under the dash? fusebox or ignition switch? where in the fusebox (if possible?)

grn: starter input
'For anti grind or starter kill attach this wire to the key side of the starter wire for anti grind and for the starter
kill to be active.'

key side being where i attached the purple wire? this wire confuses me the most. does my 90 Civic even need this?

orange: accessory output
it says connect to climate control. so, accessory power? any accessory power that goes to the climate control? again, fusebox?

help please!!!! it's for my 90 civic DX.

also coming off the alarm brain, white blue, they give this description
"This input comes from the factory set to 2 activation pulses. This means that it is necessary to have 2 consecutive
ground pulses on the white/blue wire for the remote start to activate or to deactivate. The same holds true
for the remote control activation when set to a two pulse setting it is necessary to press the button twice
for the remote start to activate or deactivate."

so does this wire even need to be hooked up? is it just for programming features?

Old 01-12-2012, 09:50 PM
HCF Member

blue white is just used for programming. now the question is, do i simply splice the purple starter wire into the starter wire under hood, and splice the green starter kill wire into the ignition wire on the column?

its an xcrs model with starter kill and antigrind built into the relay satellite.

Old 01-14-2012, 02:05 PM
Recognized HCF Member

I think you cut the starter wire (black with white stripe) under the dash where it comes from the key, connect the end from the key to the green wire and the end going to the starter to the purple wire. When you remote-start it energizes the purple wire. When you key start, you energize the green wire and if the starter kill is OK it will let it pass to the purple wire and starter.

Optionally you could leave the wire from the key uncut, just splice in the purple wire and leave the green wire unused.

Splice the orange wire into the accessory wire from the key, not sure what color that one is.

Old 01-18-2012, 02:07 PM
HCF Member

so what if i just splice the green wire into the black with white stripe but don't disconnect it?

will the starter kill still work? i am having difficulty understanding.