Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Radio Install--Factory speaker/power connector removed

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2013, 08:38 AM
Angry Radio Install--Factory speaker/power connector removed

I bought a 1999 Honda Civic LX a few months back. The aftermarket stereo that was in there was old, wouldn't play CD's half the time, and would occasionally lose power. I removed the dash and found a mess of exposed wires and it was missing the factory speaker/power connectors to plug into an aftermarket harness. Due to another issue that was causing my car not to start, I removed the old aftermarket stereo and taped up the wires. So my wife recently bought a new stereo for me and got the aftermarket harness (not knowing that the connectors were removed). How can I install this radio without having that speaker/power connector? I've installed stereos before but it's been easy do to plug and play. Please help!

Old 04-13-2013, 09:10 AM
HCF Member

Easiest way is to find a factory harness and splice it back in. That way you know the color coding will be correct. Otherwise, you will need to find the wiring schematics for your car and just match the wires to your harness. It can be done, just takes more time.