Radio Wires, wtf did this guy do? - HondaCivicForum.com

Go Back  HondaCivicForum.com > Civic Style > Audio/Visual & Electronics
Reload this Page >

Radio Wires, wtf did this guy do?

Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Radio Wires, wtf did this guy do?

Old 09-20-2018, 08:34 AM
Question Radio Wires, wtf did this guy do?

Heya. I've got a 1997 Civic LX, in surprisingly good shape. It's got a little after-factory work from the previous owner. Most of it seems ok.
However, when I started to work on installing a new radio and doing research on wiring saddles, I noticed something strange...

So far as I understand it, if this were going to be a basic install I would get a saddle or cut up and splice the wires for the white plug on the bottom.... Now, I have no idea what the green plug is about, or why there are two of them (see kinda back in there?), or whyever the white and both green plugs all seem to be connected where they come out of that black hose back in there.

Wtf is this rats nest and does anyone have any wisdom/advice? I'm down to splice wires but it would help to know where to start in this plate of spaghetti.
thx