Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Sub opinions

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2009, 07:37 PM
HCF Member

Haha crap its Acoustic Elegance is what i was lookin at for subs. Ya I've been reading around a lot and just about everyone agrees that Fi is the cat's meow They're supposed to ridiculous sound quality AND spl

How bout Audioque amps? Heard good things about them and a good amount of people have them

Old 03-21-2009, 04:36 AM
HCF Member

Id believe its AudioQ but sure ive heard good things

Old 03-21-2009, 10:59 AM
HCF Member

http://www.audioque.com/aq/AQamps.htm

i just spelled it like it is for their web address, but they're a new company to me soooo......lol

Old 03-23-2009, 08:21 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by Superfly
What about Cadence for an amp (the Ia7)? And a Fi or Acoustik Valence sub? Hear they kick JL's butt and are some the best sounding subs out there
Define Kick JL Audio's butt. A Fi Q may outperform the w3v3 series in sound quality, but I highly doubt it would outdo the w6v2 or w7 series in terms of sound quality. If you only listen to rap music you can pretty much disregard anything I said related to SQ, flip a coin, and pick your subwoofer from Fi, RE, DD, Audio Que, etc.

Ummmm....it wouldn't even be a grand for the amp and TWO subs plus a box.....but ya memphis is a pretty good brand
I had major issues with Memphis Car Audio in 2007 and vowed to never use them again. I had one amp replaced twice in a 6 month time frame that was "professionally" installed. I say "professionally" loosely because a retarded monkey on crack could have done a better job than my local Memphis Car Audio dealership did.

Haha crap its Acoustic Elegance is what i was lookin at for subs. Ya I've been reading around a lot and just about everyone agrees that Fi is the cat's meow They're supposed to ridiculous sound quality AND spl

How bout Audioque amps? Heard good things about them and a good amount of people have them
I think Audio Que uses the Zenon build house which builds most amplifiers made in Korea. Sundown Car Audio also uses this build house and some say Maxxsonics does too. Chances are if your amp is made in Korea, Zenon built it!

Old 04-01-2009, 01:48 PM
HCF Member

Of course a Fi Q wont outdo a w7.....that's like comparing my 1999 civic sedan to an s2000.....

i went with the AudioQ amp and 2 12" AudioQ SDC2.5s. Should be a pretty sweet setup

*edit: Pretty sure DD uses that same build house lol!

Old 04-01-2009, 01:59 PM
HCF Member

Of course a Fi Q wont outdo a w7.....that's like comparing my 1999 civic sedan to an s2000.....
exactly if you compare the Fi BTL (Their highest model) to a W7(JL's highest model) = BTL wins hand's down

o yeah and that should sound pretty sweet what r u tuning them to?

Last edited by kanarrjl; 04-01-2009 at 02:02 PM.
Old 04-01-2009, 02:06 PM
HCF Member

Haha and how much cheaper is a Fi?

I've got it tuned to 38Hz....i'm building the box myself, and am learning a lot from it Haha mostly what NOT to do for the next time!

Old 04-01-2009, 07:26 PM
HCF Member

i went with the AudioQ amp and 2 12" AudioQ SDC2.5s. Should be a pretty sweet setup

*edit: Pretty sure DD uses that same build house lol!
Good Choice!

Originally Posted by kanarrjl
exactly if you compare the Fi BTL (Their highest model) to a W7(JL's highest model) = BTL wins hand's down
Are we talking about getting loud or sounding good? The BTL will win in terms of SPL but I still think a 13w7 would sound better. Then again, we tend to put too much focus in the 20 to 80 Hz range where our hearing is least sensitive anyhow. I just hate the 50 Hz spike that most SPL subwoofers tend to produce. Add that to the fact that our Civics tend to resonate in the 50 Hz range and you have a recipe for a loud azz 50 Hz bass note that is disproportional to the rest of the sub bass frequencies.

Old 04-01-2009, 07:28 PM
HCF Member

Nah I want SQ over SPL...Yeah i don't doubt a 13w7 will sound better, but better than the Q? Honestly.....i have no clue.

edit: Haha i thought they were a good choice! $328 shipped for two? Not bad at all AudioQ has some great prices, and stellar customer support from experience!

Last edited by Superfly; 04-01-2009 at 07:31 PM.
Old 04-01-2009, 07:48 PM
HCF Member

Oddly, I prefer the 13w6v2 over the 13w7.

But back to AudioQ, from what I have seen on another forum, you can't beat them for customer service.

Now, your next headache will be tricking your ELD circuit to keep your voltage up while playing the stereo depending on what year Civic you own I was going to do one last SPL install in my Civic with close to 2000 watts RMS until I looked in the service manual to see that my 1997 Civic has that wretched ELD circuit that drops the vehicle voltage based on current draw from the fuse box. *facepalm*

Quick Reply: Sub opinions