Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Sub opinions

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2009, 07:59 PM
HCF Member

Hmmm.....I've got a 1999, so I dunno, it'll probably have the same problem.....guess I'll just run it loud in short show off bursts

Old 04-02-2009, 12:51 PM
HCF Member

my suggestion get 2 battery's and hope that you can keep up

Old 04-02-2009, 06:16 PM
HCF Member

I'd go with diamond audio. Go get a diamond hp12 or a diamond s124

Old 04-02-2009, 06:42 PM
HCF Member

Haha little too late Do you have diamond audio?

Old 04-02-2009, 06:54 PM
HCF Member

I used to. Very happy with them.

Old 04-02-2009, 08:49 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by kanarrjl
my suggestion get 2 battery's and hope that you can keep up
I HATE the ELD circuit! It was added to the USDM Civics in order to "save energy". Basically, as you run the vehicle for a while, the Electrical Load Detector will sense what is running through the fusebox then adjust the alternator voltage output accordingly. In other words you will go from 14.x volts all the way down to 12.3 volts when ELD detects that things have leveled out and wants to save fuel. That is going to suck BIG TIME if you have major power and has pretty much killed my 2000 watt RMS SPL build.

I found a way around it and am in the process of seeing if I can get the chipped ODB1 P28 ECU with ELD removed. This has added another $300 in unforeseen costs to my build SPL

Option 2 would be to run dual alternators and a battery bank with the second alternator/battery bank dedicated to the sound system.

Regardless, I am one step away from scrapping the project all together.

Old 04-02-2009, 08:49 PM
HCF Member

Very nice! If (read when lol) i get a new system, i'll definitely look into them.....nice CRX by the way

edit: *note to self, don't do high power systems in civics*

Old 04-02-2009, 11:02 PM

Has anyone looked into Elemental Designs? They have a few amps and subs to choose from. They're a newer company that sells direct from their factory.

Old 04-03-2009, 05:25 AM
HCF Member

eD has some good products and they have some garbage. The Nine.1 and the Nine.5 are some of their better amplifiers for the money. The only downside to the Nine.1 is that it isn't as efficient as other class D designs and will draw more continuous and peak current.

Their subwoofers are also pretty good. One of my friends went from a 10w6v2 to one of the eD subs and found the eD sub to produce a better range of sub bass frequencies in the same enclosure.

As for their sound deadening, I have used the eDead UE which is similar to the eDead 120 that they offer. Raammat is just as good, if not better than their cheaper deadening line. eD's cheaper deadening line is more like peal and seal roofing which has a horrific asphalt smell that takes months to go away. How do I know this? Well, I used the cheaper eD line on the trunk of my Civic, compared it to Peal and Seal from Lowes, and found there was little to no difference between the two products

Old 04-06-2009, 10:03 PM
HCF Member

ooooh that sucks.......AudioQ sells direct too. I'll get some pics up tomorrow....well, today lol. Its my first box so its kinda ghetto

Quick Reply: Sub opinions