Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

subs thumping like hart beat! What does lpf, full, hpf mean?

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2008, 05:56 PM
Recognized HCF Member
Default RE: So, sonic electronix gave me a call.help me!

ive never used speaker adaptors ive always just cut the wires..... lets face it if your swaping out the crapy stock speakers i dont think youd ever think about puting them back in.LOL

Old 05-14-2008, 06:03 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: So, sonic electronix gave me a call.help me!

LOL.i have speaker wire that is from some speakes from a home stereo, It should work?

Old 05-19-2008, 03:33 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: So, sonic electronix gave me a call.AMP NOT TURNING ON WTF

I have evrything hook't up. But im not geting power to the amp!!! I have it wired To the battery and the head unit. It has this light on top of the amp to light up the V for visonik, that is lit up, but the green power button is not!!I disonect the power cable for the battery, and the V is still lit up, so that gets its power from the head unit turn on. So im gessing the problem is the cable to the battery, but i have it hooked up right.

The fuse holder wire is biger than the wire that i have on the other end, could that be the problem?

Old 05-19-2008, 03:58 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: sonic electronix gave me a call. updated, with pics!

i fix it, i didnt have a good ground!!..

Old 05-19-2008, 05:55 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: sonic electronix gave me a call. updated, with pics!

So, how does everything sound? I am starting off with replacing my door speakers first with some Alpine SPS-600, then my deck speakers (probably some Alpine Type R 6x9s), but I highly doubt I am going too big in the Civic since it is just my daily driver. I "may" add a 4 channel amp to the whole setup down the road then I am calling the sound system done!

Old 05-20-2008, 03:48 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: sonic electronix.lpf, full, hpf what does it mean

MY amp says x-over, and under it has a switch that give's me 3 options lpf, full, and hpf . MY manual doesnt say what it does. I only have the 2 subs hookt to the amp. For best performance what should i haVE IT set at lpf, full,of hpf ?

Y sub was playing fine on the way to school, then it started to thump on its own, with or without music playing. Kind of like a hart beat.. What could it be? Could it be the ground? I just hand screwed it on the spare tire mount,it probly came loose..

Old 05-20-2008, 12:48 PM
Recognized HCF Member

ya the ground is probably the bad spot. make sure its clean and clean metal surface and tight!

also the Xcross over is the crossover on the amplifier. LP is for low pass, for subwoofer setup. HP is for HIGH pass which is for more for interior speakers. and FL or FULL is full signal you get high and low frequinces. best option is LP for the sub. and then play with the Hz crossover points to find the best sound to the sub with it pumping away!

also if you dont know what the Xover setting is then im sure your not to sure what the INPUT SENSITIVITY... its not a volume control! it should be matched with what your radios rca output is. if you crank it up it can easily fry your amplifier! if in doubt take it to a audio shop and ask them if they could tune the amplifier settings really quick.

Old 05-20-2008, 01:18 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: addiction2bass

ya the ground is probably the bad spot. make sure its clean and clean metal surface and tight!

also the Xcross over is the crossover on the amplifier. LP is for low pass, for subwoofer setup. HP is for HIGH pass which is for more for interior speakers. and FL or FULL is full signal you get high and low frequinces. best option is LP for the sub. and then play with the Hz crossover points to find the best sound to the sub with it pumping away!

also if you dont know what the Xover setting is then im sure your not to sure what the INPUT SENSITIVITY... its not a volume control! it should be matched with what your radios rca output is. if you crank it up it can easily fry your amplifier! if in doubt take it to a audio shop and ask them if they could tune the amplifier settings really quick.
my rca out put is 4 volts. I read in the amp manual on how to set the input sensitivity.. ill see if i can set it..
is there a safe side for INPUT SENSITIVITY?

Where is a good plase to ground it, i just want to get it working agian!!!!!!!