Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2006, 08:56 PM
HCF Member
Default Suggestions

I've been looking to replace my front door factory speakers in my 02 DX.. I went to crutchfield and did a "what fits my car" and then looked around. I don't want to spend more than $125 for a pair, and I noticed that the Polk db650's had a pretty high rateing by a lot of people. Now, my question is, does anyone have these / how do they sound? Reading the reviews, I hear two different things - Bass is great for a 6.5" speaker, and the bass isn't as good as they had hoped (but unless you go with subs, you are not going to get teeth rattling bass either - obviously). Or, do you have any suggestions other than these?

My other question is I still have my stock head unit, and don't really plan on swapping it (i've put in the monster icruze for my ipod, and it works for me, don't need anything special), so will it be able to power these speakers? Anyone know the specs on a stock Honda head unit? Thanks.

Old 05-30-2006, 12:35 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Suggestions

Go with Infinity's if you can. In that price range they are wonderful.

Old 05-30-2006, 02:10 PM

I had polk speakers in my old blazer, and they sounded great. They sounded good when I ran them off the stock deck, then I ran them off a alpine 4channel and they sounded insanely great! So in other words, buy them, amp them.

Old 06-01-2006, 10:56 AM
HCF Member

Not such a fan myself, I prefer the infinitys between the 2. I would suggest Diamond, but then again, Crutchfield dosn't sell em so if that the way your going My advice is useless.

Old 06-01-2006, 06:31 PM
HCF Member

So, everyone keeps saying infinity - but other than the diamonds, what should I be looking for? just an FYI, I listen to all kinds of music, but mostly hip-hop and I like some nice bass.. I was looking at crutchfield mainly because they send along free wireing harnesses and whatever else is needed to install.. btw, do I need anything like what they suggest and give for free, or will buying from ebay be better?