Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

trunk rattle

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2006, 12:14 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: trunk rattle

yeah i have my rear deck lid off right now....seems that alot of rattle was coming from the third brake light cause it was some loose platic with this plastic sleeve around it.....i just got some bondo gel that i had and sealed that up and that helped alot...still alittle rattle coming from somewhere but alot less now...

Old 03-28-2006, 09:54 AM
Default RE: trunk rattle

Hello all, this is my first post here and i am quite excited to have found a civic forum.

Anyways to get to the liscense plate problem.

Go to home depot and get weatherstripping, the stuff they put around doors and whatnot, it comes in little rolls:
http://www.pplmotorhomes.com/parts/c.../foam-tape.jpg

I took off my rear liscense plate and lined the bottom of it with it. Screwed it back on and it was so snug.

Stopped all of the rattle from the plate.

Other things i did to remove bass rattle from the trunk was to lower the latch, and throw that mattress egg crate foam under my board covering the wheel.

It still vibrates, but not much. I have about 30 sq feet of edead V1se2 that i will be rolling on when i get a day that i dont need to drive my car.

Edead can be found at Elemental Designs (elementaldesigns.com) they sell paint on stuff too but i was too cheap to get it. Their prices are much much cheaper than dynamat and have reviewed quite well on the web. (I surrounded my tail lights in some specially cut V4 and that stopped all the rattle from them).

Anyways im excited to be here. Hopefully ill be able to get some pics up of my Civic 97 DX