Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Viper Alarm Install

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2006, 07:56 AM
HCF Member
Default Viper Alarm Install

Allright, I took most of the dash out of my civic yesterday and I'm attempting to install a Viper 791XV in it. I'm also trying to install a remote start (MT,) window control module, perimeter and shock sensor along with it. I'll try to take pics and I'm probably gonna ask a lotta questions...Wish me Luck!!!

Old 01-21-2006, 02:11 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Viper Alarm Install

Okay Question one. The manual says to not use scotchblocks or T-taps to wire in the remote starter relay.... Should I solder them??? Any ideas?

Old 01-21-2006, 09:35 PM
HCF Member

wow man, you must have alot of know how to install one of thos..to many wires for me, ya you deffinitly should solder all your connections, that will create the best hold and the best connection

Old 01-22-2006, 10:54 AM
HCF Member

Ha ha Not really...There are a LOT of wires but I'm taking it one plug at a time...I do have several wiring diagrams though, however the color discrepencies might be the end of me...I'm still gonna attempt it before I pay somebody do to a crappy job! Thanks for info..

Old 01-23-2006, 12:26 PM
HCF Member

Hey I know I'm jumping the gun on this one but I'm gonna buy a bitwriter to program this alarm with. The bitwriter comes with a V2.0 chip and the manual says I need a V2.2. Can anybody confirm this and could somebody get me a chip if it is true?

Old 02-24-2006, 09:53 PM
HCF Member

Okay guys thread from the dead time! I finally got it in and the Civic cranked itself tonight! I will say that the charts I found throughout the web were for the most part right...I found a few discrepancies but with the help of Lev and several hours of tracing and testing wires I got them straightened out. I'll say that even though it's gratifying to have done this myself I WILL pay a professional to do this again in the future! When my bitwriter arrives I'll work out the kinks and put my car back together next week and FINALLY get to drive it agin! If a moderator would like to post this in the DIY section then just email me and let me know what you need! Again thanks Lev for the info!

Old 02-26-2006, 11:47 PM
HCF Member

You put a 791 into a manual trans....? Don't run anyone over by starting it in gear....

Old 02-27-2006, 07:57 AM
HCF Member

If it's anything like mine (or any MT autostart?) it will just have a clutch bypass.....seeing as how you can't start your car without holding in the clutch.

Old 02-27-2006, 05:44 PM
HCF Member

The 791 is NOT designed for a manual trans....it's in like the first 2 or 3 pages, says in plain english. Not for manual trans, auto only....be safe

Old 03-03-2006, 11:17 AM
HCF Member

Yea, I know... I mostly did it for the experience. I bought one to put in my girlfriends car (auto) but I decided to do mine first since it did not matter how long my car was off the road. I put a toggle switch on the clutch and that fixed the holding the clutch in thing. I also connected the parking wire on the alarm to the side of the toggle that says off. So when the switch is off the remote start won't work. Honestly it is something I'll never use.. But she's gonne appreciate it a LOT!