Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

What would you do?

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2007, 07:09 PM
HCF Member
Default What would you do?

The newer civics have a tweeter located at the corner of both windows and then the speaker behind the door panel. i believe the stocked speaker is a 2-way. i am gettin new speakers and prolly tweeters as well. but what would you do?
a) replace both the speakers (with a 2-way speaker)and the tweeters
b) replace both the speakers and the tweeters, but get a 3-way speaker
c) replace both the speakers and the tweeters, but get a 4-way speaker
d) replace only the speaker with a 3-way speaker and remove the stock tweeter (although it does
look sick how they put it next to the window)
e) replace only the speaer with a 4-way speaker and remove the stock tweeter
f) something else

and why? thanks

i personally am leaning towards a 3-way speaker and a new tweeter. i am gonna be running two 10"s so i think a 3-way speaker and a seperate tweeter wouldnt be too much but a 4-way and a seperate tweeter prolly would

Old 01-26-2007, 07:21 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: What would you do?

I would just go with a nice component speaker set, like Alpine Type R, or Diamond....the tweeter will fit right in there, and you can tick the crossovers to the inside of the door, or under your seat...They sound ungodly amazing when amplified.

Old 01-26-2007, 07:47 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: What would you do?

Yeah, i am leaning towards a component set-up also. As long as you amp them all, you can't beat it. They give true midrange sound, and the tweeters pick up the rest, and with the factory tweeter already staring you in the face, why not use that space to throw a nice upgraded version in.

If you decide to do a different set-up though, I would think 3 ways with a tweeter, or just 3 ways. If that factory tweeter sounds pretty good, you can always wire them up to your head unit, getting the standard 18-20 watts RMS, and wire the new 3 ways up to your amp. If you try and wire the factory tweeters up to the amp they will probably tap out on ya.

I still love a good component set-up though, thats my .02