Detailing Discuss detailing your ride within.

Cheap Dent fix?

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2012, 09:33 PM
Default Cheap Dent fix?

Hey guys. theres a dent from a baseball right smack in the damn middle of my roof. is there a way i can pop the sucker out without having to take it to a body shop? Thanks for the help!!

Old 03-01-2012, 04:39 AM

If it's in the roof, you should be able to just push it out. You might try removing the dome light if needed. Maybe the headliner as well.

Old 03-01-2012, 03:13 PM
HCF Member

Depending on how big the dent is, you may actually make it worse by pushing it out. If the metal has stretched too much, it'll take a pro.

Do a search for paintless dent removal guys in your area. You'd be amazed at what they're able to do, and most are mobile, so they can come to you. Or stop by a local dealership and ask who they use to do lot repairs. They usually have a guy who comes in and touches up the used cars.

Old 03-02-2012, 04:56 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by ChristianL
Depending on how big the dent is, you may actually make it worse by pushing it out. If the metal has stretched too much, it'll take a pro.

Do a search for paintless dent removal guys in your area. You'd be amazed at what they're able to do, and most are mobile, so they can come to you. Or stop by a local dealership and ask who they use to do lot repairs. They usually have a guy who comes in and touches up the used cars.
^good point

but i would probably go the hobo route (no pun intended), since the roof is a pretty flimsy piece of sheet metal with flimsy strips of metal holding it up, you can likely pop out a baseball dent. Popping out the dome light would be a good place to start, and the headliner is not much harder to take off than the dome light (just be careful on the visor clips). If it is that bad though then it is possibly bending your headliner down already, if not then it probably isnt that bad; if it is a small deep dent like the actual shape of the baseball (it would have had to hit it pretty damn hard) then you will likely need to see a guy to do it. Dent removal guys do an amazing job, but in my opinion it is just too expensive (at least where i live) most parts can be replaced cheaper than they charge to take a dent out of it... granted the roof isnt replaceable.

in short i would try to just pop it out and then take it to a guy if that does not work or makes it worse haha