Detailing Discuss detailing your ride within.

How to do a FULL Valet for the inside of your civic

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2007, 03:46 AM
HCF Member
Default How to do a FULL Valet for the inside of your civic

Okay, looking around the forums ive seen a lot of posts about cleaning the outside of your cherished beauty, but what about the inside? Personally I spend more time inside my vehicle than I spend outside looking at it and im assuming that its the same for most of us civic lovers here. So I tend to try to keep the inside of my car just as clean (sometimes cleaner!) than the outside.

First off, I only ever use autoglym or Meguiars, and I dont know if that is available over in the states, however im sure you will be able to find alternative products to use if these arent available!

Okay time to get cracking! First thing to do, is make sure the weather outside is nice and rain free, if not, use a garage! If you dont have a garage, wait for a rain free day!Grab any bags, bottles, or any other bits of rubbish out your car, then get your parents beloved hoover out of the closet and then drag it outside to your civic, and then take the mats out of the front and the back. One at a time, smack the mats up against a wall or beat them with some kind of rod or stick to get some of the dust out (do this away from your car, so dust doesnt get on the paintwork!) You will be surprised how much dust comes up from the mats, even if they look clean!

Place the mats somewhere out of the way where you wont step on them and then go and hoover around the carpet underneath the mats and all around the footwells (front and back, both sides). Once I hoovered out mine, I got out some AutoGlym Interior shampoo, spray it onto the footwell carpet and then rub-rub-rub away! The carpet should then almost change colour. Whilst the carpet is drying, go and hoover the mats that you pulled out of the footwells, and then do the same thing with the interior shampoo.

Once you have hoovered and shampooed the mats, the carpet should be dry, so place the mats back in to the footwells of the car. Now that the floor is done, you can work on your car seats. Quickly go over the seats with the hoover and then once again, get out the interior shampoo and shampoo the seats. Make sure you put quite a lot of pressure when rubbing the shampoo on, to get the best results out of the shampoo. Make sure you dont forget the head restraints as well ;-)

Okay, so far all of the cloth material in the car should have been cleaned (its up to you if you do your trunk or not) and looking really smart. The trick here is when you get back in your car to do some more work on it, take off your shoes! This will save the mats getty dirty again prematurely!

The next thing we need to do is clean the dash up, I use a product called autoglym Vinyl and Rubber care, it gives all rubbery or plastic surfaces a nice little shine. So take some of that, spray it on to the cloth (not on to the surface directly) and then start to rub it in to the dash. You only need to rub it on, it does not need to be buffed off. Once you have buffed up the dash, put some more spray on the cloth and go over all of your seat belts and seat belt clips.

Once thats done, I get my autoglym Glass cleaner and go over all of the glass on the inside, this is like wax for glass, you rub it on andlet it dry to ahaze andthen rub it off again.Also remember to do your windscreenand rear screen as well as the windows!

Okay once thats done, get some autoglym fastglass and then spray it on to another cloth, then rub this on tothe bit of plastic that shields all of your dials.

Almost done! The last thing on your list are any sub boxes or anything like that you have in your car. If you just put some interior shampoo on these and give it a good rub in this will improve their appearance as well.

To finish up, I put a new air freshener in my car and used some AutoGlym AutoFresh, this is spray on airfreshener that I spray all over my seats, carpets, mats, andtrunk.

You should now have a sparkling clean interior! To do mine properly it took me 3- 4 hours using all of the products I mentioned but it will only take an hour and a half if you get a friend to help you

Old 10-29-2007, 04:51 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: How to do a FULL Valet for the inside of your civic

Have any pics of the sparkling clean interior?

Old 10-29-2007, 07:28 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: How to do a FULL Valet for the inside of your civic

I should have taken some when I did it! I did this valet a while ago, so its not as clean as it was. Ill do it again this weekend and post some pictures up