Detailing Discuss detailing your ride within.

problem with royal blue wax please help!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2008, 04:03 AM
HCF Member
Default problem with royal blue wax please help!!

ok so I took most peoples advice and I got royal blue car wax and I had some problems. Let my first explainthe process that I did it I n first I wawhed and dryed it then I clay bared with mothers clay bar kit then used royal blue. The way I used royal blue is I puit it on my car entire car in circle motions. Ok so I move to the interior while the wax a drying. After I'm done with the interior I whipe of the wax. I didnt notice till I put my car in the sun that my car was covered in swirls. Omg was I pissed I washed my car for 4 hours and the end result was swirls. Ok well what I'm asking is ..... -1) why was there swirl markes left on my car? 2) what can I do to remove the swirl marks? Ps im using my iphone to post this so srry if there are little mistakes in the text

Old 01-04-2008, 04:12 AM
Laced with Sarcasm
Default RE: problem with royal blue wax please help!!

It is not Royal Blue's fault that you have swirl marks, lets get that established right now.

Keep in mind that your paint is at least 10 years old, and probably has not been properly cared for its whole life. I dont konw how bad your swirl mark problem is, but I'm guessing its a fairly normal level considering the age of the paint.

There are quite a few remedies out there for correcting the issue, but I highly recommend you read up about all of them first. Things such as rubbing compounds and wet sanding can severly damage your paint if not done correctly.

Start reading here: www.autopia.org

Old 01-04-2008, 04:24 AM
HCF Member

I'm not saying its royal blues fualt the thing is that I've used this process with atleast 5 other types of waxes and never got swirled what I want to no is y this napped and what can I do to take it off. And please don't tell me to search for answers beciase what would be the point of this forum if every thing can be searched

Old 01-04-2008, 04:26 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

I told you to search Autopia, trust me, you need it.

If I had to take a stab at it, I'd say that Royal Blue probably cleared your finish up more than any of the other waxes you've used, which in turn made the swirl marks more noticable

Old 01-04-2008, 04:59 AM
Administrator

BINGO! i was going to say the same thing. This is the very first complaing i've ever heard from this product. it is in know way RB's fault.

my suggestion: give the royal blue treatment again, one section at a time, only let the section dry for like a minute, then buff it away, then move on to the next section. now go.

Old 01-04-2008, 05:27 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

ORIGINAL: My04Civic

my suggestion: give the royal blue treatment again, one section at a time, only let the section dry for like a minute, then buff it away, then move on to the next section. now go.
Absolutely. Never should you wax an entire car and just let it sit. I do one panel at a time as well, sometimes even less than that.

Old 01-04-2008, 05:36 AM
HCF Member

ok ill try doing the one pannel at a time thing. thanks for the advice. but will that take or the swirls for sure?? also ive heard that clay baring the car will work too...?

Old 01-04-2008, 05:38 AM
Administrator

dont talk, just go.

Old 01-04-2008, 05:46 AM
mxs
HCF Member

Claybar doesn't take out swirls.

Old 01-04-2008, 06:59 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

ORIGINAL: mxs

Claybar doesn't take out swirls.
Correct, but it will remove all the metal/debris thats embedded in them, and help reduce their appearance.

Best thing you can do is get a nice low speed orbital/buffer, anda qualitySwirl Removing product. Take your time, do it right, and you should be left with great results

Quick Reply: problem with royal blue wax please help!!