Detailing Discuss detailing your ride within.

problem with royal blue wax please help!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2008, 08:59 AM
Default RE: problem with royal blue wax please help!!

First off all you NEVER put wax on a car and then go do something else, wax should only be on for 3-4 mins depending upon how thick you put it on.
I've seen this happen before when people wash their cars you drop your mits on the ground you pick up grit and you run your grit into your car causing swirls.

I then also seen people put wax on their car just applying it and letting it dry to long and when you whipe it off it causes swirls.

Buy this, don't be cheap spend the extra penny for a product that will only work and make real show results.

http://autogeek.net/pixmtliswreb.html

Old 01-04-2008, 09:11 AM
Administrator

i agree with the first thing you said, dont leave wax one etc....etc...

but the second part is where i can disagree. RB is def. a show-results product. it is just like anything else, you have to do it right. i promise that RB will give the most depth to you paint. better then any product out there. there is no need to spend $75 on a product

Old 01-04-2008, 09:19 AM
HCF Member

proper surface prep will make almost any product look good. As with painting or waxing anything, surface prep, surface prep, surface prep. When I was done claying my GN, I almost didn't want to put ANY wax or polish on there, it looked so good. I didn't use RB and I think my shine and depth is in the same category as RB from photographs you guys shared. JAmes, you guys saw my car. No dis for RB but also don't discount the other major players, with proper surface prep and TECHNIQUE!!!

SMOKEM

Old 01-04-2008, 10:33 AM
HCF Member

Wharf the diffrence between useing good old elbow greese or low speed buffer?

Old 01-04-2008, 10:57 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

Doing it without a buffer is more tedious and may not turn as even results. But, I've been detailing cars by hand for a long *** time now, and I can vouch that elbow grease will get the job done.

Old 01-04-2008, 03:30 PM

ORIGINAL: My04Civic

i agree with the first thing you said, dont leave wax one etc....etc...

but the second part is where i can disagree. RB is def. a show-results product. it is just like anything else, you have to do it right. i promise that RB will give the most depth to you paint. better then any product out there. there is no need to spend $75 on a product
Thats where I have to disagree though I can't really back up the RB product considering I have never even used it before though I will try it out. Please give me a link to the product where I can buy it. I will buy it and do it ona black color car cause that is the color car to show the best dept in. I use a porter cable 7424 when detailing cars.
Though my all time fav wax is PS1s Wax, they're product is top notch though once again the price really is not that bad. They're are another product that I use by 'em but that product is only when I do top end cars only cause the wax it self is 50 bucks.

If you really want to see top notch results you will want to buy a porter cable buffer or any pro-rated buffer.
I have tried a few differnt name brands as well as owned a few differnt name brands / modles and the porter cable is the best one I have yet to use.

I have gotten the Makita BO6040 Polisherfor 299.99 just a few weeks back for a back up polisher though I still like the porter cable, once again half the price.

Just do reseach on the products you use and by the way if you are doing your car in direct sun light you shouldn't keep wax on in one spot for no more then 1 1/2 mins depending on what the UV waves are. I know in FL in the summer time I put the wax on for 60-90 seconds and its good to be taken off in the direct sun light. But once again best results are done in the shade.

Old 01-05-2008, 04:43 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

Theres no need to get uppity and talk down to us. James (My04Civic) and I both detail cars as a side job, and have a pretty good idea what we're doing.

Please, do try some Royal Blue, as I would love to see how it holds up to your competing products. Keep in mind that with the HCF discount, Royal Blue is only $27 (shipped), for two bottles. Compare that to any other product in that price range, and nothing will even compete.

I'm willing to bet that it will hold its own against whatever you use.

EDIT: Forgot the link www.elite-products.com You'll have to call them to order it, and let them know you want the HondaCivicForum.com discount.

Old 01-05-2008, 05:52 AM
Administrator

please use as directed.

Old 01-05-2008, 06:15 AM
HCF Member

and don't wax ur whole car at once!

Old 01-05-2008, 07:11 AM

No i'm not talking down to you, I just know that the products I use just don't give a " wet look ".
Each product you'll end up using you'll see they always do something more or less then the next product. I like using P1 products over anything else cause the wax drys clear not white.

I'll try Royoal Blue, I'll see how it works though I'll put up a topic of the leading 4 other top waxes vs Royal Blue vs those.

- Now I have a question, who makes RB; It seems to me like its a unknown name brand of wax, I called up my supplyer and they've never heard of it so when did this product come out / who makes it.

Quick Reply: problem with royal blue wax please help!!