Detailing Discuss detailing your ride within.

problem with royal blue wax please help!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2008, 07:27 AM
Administrator
Default RE: problem with royal blue wax please help!!

did you happen to read any of this thread? i KNOW it has been said once,maybe a few posts up from you? [:@]

Old 02-08-2008, 01:45 PM
Default RE: problem with royal blue wax please help!!

I recomend to take the car to a professional and strip the wax treatment off, Buff and Apply a couple coats of clear and buf to shine. He may charge you 200-300 for the whole car but you will feel worth it.

Old 06-19-2011, 11:38 AM
Default to help you out

Originally Posted by ballinboy1020
ok so I took most peoples advice and I got royal blue car wax and I had some problems. Let my first explainthe process that I did it I n first I wawhed and dryed it then I clay bared with mothers clay bar kit then used royal blue. The way I used royal blue is I puit it on my car entire car in circle motions. Ok so I move to the interior while the wax a drying. After I'm done with the interior I whipe of the wax. I didnt notice till I put my car in the sun that my car was covered in swirls. Omg was I pissed I washed my car for 4 hours and the end result was swirls. Ok well what I'm asking is ..... -1) why was there swirl markes left on my car? 2) what can I do to remove the swirl marks? Ps im using my iphone to post this so srry if there are little mistakes in the text
i detail cars for a living and i use royal blue wax. its a great product your problem is the fact that you left it on the vehicle to long. IT CLEARLY STATES that in the directions to not let it set on the vehicle i suggest to not leave it on the vehicle for anymore then THIRTY SECONDS. you can probably fix your screw up without compounding the vehicle. go ahead and put royal blue on there again but only do a foot section at a time and take it off like i said to and see what you come out with. hope i was able to help you out.

Old 06-19-2011, 11:43 AM
Default thank you

Originally Posted by My04Civic
BINGO! i was going to say the same thing. This is the very first complaing i've ever heard from this product. it is in know way RB's fault.

my suggestion: give the royal blue treatment again, one section at a time, only let the section dry for like a minute, then buff it away, then move on to the next section. now go.
it irritates me that he couldnt bother to read the directions on the royal blue bottle it states to not let it sit on the paint. i would leave it on there no longer than a minute i could almost promise him that it will fix it if he will do it properly this time

Old 06-27-2011, 06:08 PM
HCF Member

I'm interested to see if this wax alone will fill his swirls.

Could also be the washing/drying procedure, working in the sun, too much pressure, cheap towels, dirty towels, wrong type of towels, contaminated claybar, on and on. It's so easy to swirl your car.

Old 07-04-2011, 09:17 AM
HCF Member

Try using 100 percent carnuba wax in the shade...lol.

Old 07-04-2011, 09:35 PM
HCF Member

buff the swirls out with a RA, then apply some ZAINOS show car polish (Z-2) and it actually says you can let the wax sit on the car for 15 or more minutes to let it cure, and also says you can apply in direct sunlight ( i wouldnt recommend the direct sunlight, but the 15 minute wait time is alright)

Old 09-06-2011, 05:08 PM

Sounds like you have died on wax. Go over the car with a new microfiber cloth and work the dry wax off as best you can (Could take a long time due to how long its been on there). Chances are, your gonna have to have the car professionally buffed & polished. Next time, do a panel at a time like the product advises on the container.