ECU Tuning & Fuel Management Discuss electronics and related components within.

Emanage on a 99' EX

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2008, 06:53 PM
HCF Member
Default Emanage on a 99' EX

So I finally got the parts I needed for my turbo and everything was put together tonight. I decided to let er rip and when I turn the ignition there is no power to the Emanage. So I test it, and sure enough, no power. I tested it's fuse (7.5v under hood). and it was good.

My question is... anyone know what power wire I'm supposed to use for my e-manage? I used the White/Blue wire that is hot at all times. The weird part is I tested the fuse and it's fine, but yet there is no power to the connection. There is also 12v at the fuse.

Old 01-09-2008, 07:18 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Emanage on a 99' EX

I don't know about the emanage, but for my turbo link (edelbrock piggyback) i used the 12v ignition cable.

Have you check the faqs section on turbod16? They have a post on how to instal the emanage.

Old 01-09-2008, 08:51 PM
HCF Member

so yeah, the site wouldn't let me search... I did hook it straight up to the battery with a jumper wire, the green light flashed and the orange light was solid. that was the only time they turned on. i'm not sure if running it right off the ignition wire will work, but i might give it a try. depends on if I can find out how it is suposed to be wired, all they give in the instructions is what wire goes with what and you have to read the wiring diagram yourself. well they also don't say if it should be an ignition wire or an always hot. very confusing to understand.

Old 01-10-2008, 12:10 PM
HCF Member

just an update, I hooked the power up to my fuse block. The emanage turned on, and seemed to work, but there were a few problems with it that I don't understand. First of all, the green active light was blinking and the orange interactive light was solid. The manual says the interactive light isn't supposed to be on unless it's connected to a PC. The manual also says that the active light is supposed to be solid green. I don't think it's throwing a code because it's a constant blink.

Should I keep the emanage and try to figure out the problem, or should I get my ECU chipped and tunedprofessionally? If I get it chipped and tuned professionally it won't be for a month or so because of a lack of funds.

Old 01-10-2008, 11:40 PM
HCF Member

When the emanage light turns red you got a problem. It should blink green and when ignition is on and flash orange at the augmented rpms. The red wire is a 12v power. It should be the first pin on the "b" plug.

edit- The interactive light is green when hooked to a pc, orange on standby

Old 01-11-2008, 04:35 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

emanage = pewp

Old 01-11-2008, 04:45 AM
Snail'n Admin

ORIGINAL: Forty04

emanage = pewp
+1 GReddy really effed up on that department. GReddy + "tuning" = the suck. Don't get it. End of story

Old 01-11-2008, 06:17 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: SE_2_EG

When the emanage light turns red you got a problem. It should blink green and when ignition is on and flash orange at the augmented rpms. The red wire is a 12v power. It should be the first pin on the "b" plug.

edit- The interactive light is green when hooked to a pc, orange on standby
ahh... I see! so the only problem I have now is the green light is blinking when the car is running. Not a code.. just a constant blinking. and when I try and turn the **** for tuning it just flashes orange when I pass the 0 mark. Not only that but it continues to flash green when I try to tune it.