ECU Tuning & Fuel Management Discuss electronics and related components within.

fuel pressure

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2006, 10:35 AM
Default fuel pressure

I have just put a aftermarket fuel pressure regulator on my EF and now it has problems starting i noticed that i have no fuel pressure when i first get into it and i know it is supposed to have a little bit of retained pressure so it starts easier but it did not have this problem until i replaced the p.r. does anyone have any suggestions because the upgrade was expensive????

Old 11-15-2006, 08:02 AM
Default RE: fuel pressure

hey whats up man it sounds like you may have the fuel pressure set higher than the pump can handle I also put a new fuel pressure regulator in to compensate for the need of more fuel the stock pumps max out at about 60 psi if you still have the old regulator install it then with the vacume line off and plugged check the pressure on a guage with the car running then re install the new one with adjust screw backed completely out turn key to run but not start to cycle the fuel pump after a few times the pressure should show on the guage then increase to desired pressure. the thing about the pressure bleeding off it is normal for the cars pressure to bleed out over a few hours not mins or seconds hope this helps but if you dont have a guage then you are wasting your time you will never find the right pressure