ECU Tuning & Fuel Management Discuss electronics and related components within.

Replacing Fuel Line

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2006, 12:36 PM
HCF Member
Default Replacing Fuel Line

I recently burnt through the fuel line that goes between the Fuel Pump and the Fuel Rail. It burned through because of heat, not because of flame, and thats why the fuel never caught on fire. When you turn my car on, gas sprays out of the hole that i burnt in the hose. All i need to replace is the hose, so its a really simple fix, but im scared to take the hose off becasue i'm sure there is gas inside the hose and i dont want anymore gas inside my engine. Anyone know how to replace a fuel line without spilling gas everywhere?

This is the hose i burnt through:

https://www.hondacivicforum.com/upfi...30AEA82190.jpg

Old 05-22-2006, 10:40 AM
Recognized HCF Member
Default RE: Replacing Fuel Line

so you are talking about the fuel like that goes from the fuel filter to the fuel rail? In order to replace it you are gonna have to let the fuel pressure out of the line and doing so just remove the gas cap and you should hear pressure coming out until it stops, just put the gas cap somewere like on the floor but dont get any dirt in it... next take a rag and put it over the opening that you say gas is coming out of and hold it arund it very snuggly. then loosen the nut at the top of the line and the bottom and remove them. some gas is gonna come out but thats fine. then take your replacement peice of fuel line and strew it back into the orignal place. make sure everything is all tight and snug. then put your gas cap back on and turn the key to the on position but dont try to start the car, then turn the key off, repete this process about 3-4 times and every time check the fuel line for any kinds of leaks... if there are tighten down a little bit more on the bolts but not very much... mif there are no leaks then go ahead and start the car.... clean up everything and you should be good to go... hope this helps

Old 05-22-2006, 10:42 AM
Recognized HCF Member

one other thing... the fuel pump is in the fuel tank.. just to let ya know...

Old 05-22-2006, 12:07 PM
HCF Member

lol my bad dude [&:](about the fuel pump), yeah that helps alot! It's exactly what i needed, and if any gas does leak out i can just put a catch can underneath. Thanks alot!

Old 05-22-2006, 04:36 PM
Recognized HCF Member

nice, just helping out a tuner when he needs some help..