Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

02 SENSOR OR BAD CAT WHO KNOWS HELP

Old 05-03-2005, 06:23 PM
Default 02 SENSOR OR BAD CAT WHO KNOWS HELP

SUP GUYS..?...OK I GOT A 98 EX WITH A GREDDY SP2 CAT BACK AND A DC SPORTS 4-1 HEADER THE ? I GOT IS THIS.WHEN I GO TO TAKE OFF AT A LIGHT SOME TIMES IT WANTS TO BOGG OUT ANY IDEAS ? AND ALSO WHEN IM DRIVEING AND JUST SHIFTING FROM 1ST TO 2ND OR 3RD I GET A SMALL BACK FIRE (SOMETIMES) COULD THIS STUFF BE FROM A BAD 02 SENSOR OR A PLUGED CAT HELP!!!!!

Old 05-04-2005, 05:20 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: 02 SENSOR OR BAD CAT WHO KNOWS HELP

when cats "plug" you will usually overheat very quickly, as there is nowhere for the exhaust to exit so it has to back up. does the check engine come on? could be plugs are fouling, or god forbid, a small crack in a intake manifold can do similar sympyoms when water enters the fuel mix, but you will usually get a dense white smoke when this happens, there are alot of possibilitys though, timing off, plugs fouled, coil does not have correct resistance, cracked dist. cap, vacuum leak, poor fuel, air mixture, split wires, on and on

Old 05-04-2005, 10:18 AM
HCF Member

you could be running rich, or your MAF sensor has taken a dump on you.

Old 05-04-2005, 05:55 PM

the check engine light will come on and stay on till i reset it.that last for a few weeks.and i do get a little white smoke out the muffler i had a test done to see why the check engine light was on and it said emissions and the guy said it was up in the intake some place i added a throtle body spacer a few months back and right after that is when the engine light come on you guys think i should take it off? please help need my speed!

Old 05-04-2005, 06:06 PM
HCF Member

I WONDER IF THIS GUYS CAPS BUTTON IS STUCK OR IF HE JUST LIKES MAKING THINGS HARD TO READ????

white smoke or like a blueish white??

Old 05-04-2005, 07:25 PM
HCF Member

can a throttle body spacer be installed inverse on accident? something in that area of the throttle body is more than likely your issue. remove it and see what changes. if it stays the same, it cost nothing, if it corrects your problem, you may have saved a helluvalotta of repair bills. if for some reason the water routing through your mani is crossing over you will loose your block ,crank bearings etc , from water in your oil. when you change the spacer change your oil to ensure you did not get any water in it. did you change oil when you installed spacer? could be wronge but i beleive whenever you do anything concerning the intake mani, you should change your oil. it amounts to a $20.00 ins policy.
any one know about that on ff cars?, i know in v-8 it is def good practice

Old 05-04-2005, 07:44 PM

if you take the intake off a v style engine... you open up the oil to the "elements" or when you scrape the gasket, some might fall in, so you wash it down with oil after and drain it. on a 4, i dont think you have to worry to much about it. but im sure it wouldnt hurt.

Old 05-04-2005, 07:52 PM
HCF Member

cheap insurance at any rate. and it can never hurt to change the oil. thanks for the post on that

Old 05-04-2005, 11:04 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: JIZZO

i added a throtle body spacer a few months back and right after that is when the engine light come on you guys think i should take it off? please help need my speed!

why not try it.......take it off and see if u fix the prob.....u never know.

Old 05-05-2005, 12:15 AM
HCF Member

any body hear an echo around here?

ORIGINAL: pcupo12

ORIGINAL: JIZZO

i added a throtle body spacer a few months back and right after that is when the engine light come on you guys think i should take it off? please help need my speed!

why not try it.......take it off and see if u fix the prob.....u never know.