Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

Anyone Seen This Temperature Problem?

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2007, 12:01 PM
Default Anyone Seen This Temperature Problem?

I have a '93 Civic DX with automatic transmission. The top radiator hose was looking a little soft, so I decided to replace it.While I was in the mood I also decided to replace thethermostat, distributor "O" ring, O2 Sensor and changed the transmission fluid. The car was running just fine until I did all this except for the fact that it was pulling a 43 code (O2 Sensor). The new O2 sensor fixed the check engine light problem but now when I rev the engine or pull out from a dead stop (with the engine hot or cold), the temperature guage falls all the waybelow cold. When I let off the throttle orI'm at cruising speed, it goes to normal. It never goes higher than normal. I just opened the hood after driving it for about 1/2 hour and the coolant in the overflow reservoir looks to be boiling or bubbling furiuosly (guage never showed above normal). Every thing including the guage worked perfectly before today and the car did not overheat before today. Anyone ever seen anything like this before. I'd appreciate some suggestions. I can't drive it like this!
Thanks in advance! Bill

Old 08-04-2007, 08:02 PM
Recognized HCF Member
Default RE: Anyone Seen This Temperature Problem?

You probably knocked the sender wire loose while working on the distributor. The temperature sender drives the gauge on the dash and if it comes disconnected, the gauge will suddenly go to full cold.