Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

Big Block with Big H

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2011, 02:06 PM
HCF Member

^^ what the eff? ^^
what crank questions? your using what now?? >.< sooo confused on what pauls talking about...

uhhh yea so crcr i completely agree and completly disagree all at the same time. Basicly, I think the knowledge Ive gained from researching how to build all of these hondas is great, and im sure i would learn a buttload more by actually doing a swap... My only issue is, why start with a civic as the platform? Like yea they're light as hell and theres too many options for swaps, but theyre still fwd! and i do love hondas, but the fact of the matter is this; the evo's stiffer, has brembo stock, bilstein shocks stock, variable valve timing in the evo IX and up, its an iron block with forged crank and rods stock, has an awesome awd system, and makes around 250-275 whp STOCK! my whole point is this, if I'm going to put this much money into a single car, why do a civic? and if the civic is such a good platform, why not use an even better one?

So if i spent as much money as is would take to do an eg h22 or an eg k20a2 swap and to make that motor make 300 hp, I could have bought the Evo, saved a couple bucks, bruised knuckles, and it would still SMOKE the civic.

I'm not against Civic swaps, NOT BY A MILE! but i just dont think that at this point and time, its worth doing. When I can make 300hp in a Civic for under $10,000, it having no issues going 100k miles with the swap, and still have room for more power if I want it, I will justify doing a Honda. But untill then, I could have paid for the Evo and started saving for an AEM EMS, plumbing and cams... I love Honda! I love my civic whether anyone else thinks it's sweet or not, i think its one of the hottest single cam honda's ive ever seen under the hood!
but if someone wanted to trade me for an Evo or an STi or an old awd 3 series... sorry honda, I'd be signing over my EK ina heart beat!

i guess its all personal opinion and how lazy you are! hah! Mitsubishi has already made an amazing car, that doesnt need much done to it to compete with the best of 'em. Why spend time building when I could spend time tearing the rubber off the wheels on the tarmac? (however i must say, for being an online convo about making cars fast, this has got to be the most mature conversation ive ever seen. Nobodys starting yelling at each other or telling the other to meet them somewhere so they can show them whos cars faster. lol sorry reading youtube comments make me laugh! hah! <<off subject!)