Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

A dreamy part list

Old 03-01-2006, 09:26 PM
Default A dreamy part list

Engine: Aj racing, inline four, spoonsports, (.com)
Spoonsports: cam gears, racing cam shafts, valve spring set, rocker arm, west valve set, balanced JDM type-R Pistons, ventuli plate ( header gasket ), clutch and flywheel kit, engine mount set, b-series baffle oil pan, 2ply head gasket, b-series oil pump, high tension plug wires with ground code, earth code grounding system, iridium racing spark plugs, oil filler cap, magnetic drain plugs, heat rasistint radiator hose, racing thermostat, thermoswitch, radiator mounts, carbon plug cover, lightweight battery, shifter bushings, reservoir covers, high pressure radiator caps, 4-2-1 exhaust manifold, brake pads, 4-pot mono block caliper, strut tower bar (rear), lower tie bar (front)(rear), VTEC controller, vtec conroller fitting kit, Aluminum radiator, lower arm bush set, urethane bush set, battery stay set, brake hose kit, adjustable damper kit (coilovers),

Crower: rods
MSD: distributer, cap, coil
Skunk 2(SCO): intake manifold, Camber adjustable control arm set front and rear.
Ericks Racing: 74mm Throttle bodie
Aem: pulley kit, fuel rail, fuel filter, fule pressure regulater, cold air intake
Power slot: Drum to disc conversion kit rear
Greddy: timing belt
Russell: Fuel lines
Fluidyne: ultra thin electric cooling fan
Auto meter: Guages
Hasport: custom level2 400hp axels
Rc enginering: 370cc injectors
Rotora: slotted rotors
Eibach (projdm.com): Sway Bars
Gearspeed: High performance manual transmision Type 2 http://www.gearspeedinc.com/products.htm
autowork.com(Hyper ground): Hyper voltage system
Tein(SCO): EDFC Dampining force controller.
My head ported
My engine sleeved

Old 03-01-2006, 09:40 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: A dreamy part list

not bad. i'll post my parts list sometime. then we'll see who has a dreamy parts list.

if i were you i would NEVER get that many spoon parts. it would probably be cheaper to get them to build you an engine and tranny anyways.

you will NEVER be able to portmatch a Skunk2 intake manifold to a TB that big. thats fricken huge. go for 68 at most if you are using Skunk2. any higher and id recommend Eldebrock or Full Race.

you know, as im reading this list, im thinking thats a hell of a lot of parts to be putting into a non-boosted car...unless you're going NA and in that case instead of getting the pistons from spoon and rods from wherever you should get a Crower stroker kit with high comp-pistons. you're getting it sleeved anyway. if you're gunna go through the trouble of sleeving you might as well bore and stroke too.

seriously...trim that spoon list down and you will save a couple grand. AEM cam gears (if you really need cam gears), Skunk2 cams and valvetrain, crower pistons (with the stroker kit), Exedy clutch and flywheel...ect. you could get all of that stuff for a lot cheaper than that. like i said above, with that list itd prolly be cheaper to get spoon to build you an engine.

Old 03-01-2006, 10:23 PM

I don't think Crower makes the pistons themselves. I think you get a choice of je, srp, or cp pistons with their stroker kits. As for the valvetrain, Crower > Skunk2. 95, you might actually lose power with that big a TB. Stick with 68 at most. Also, I agree with Nail, spoon parts are nice, but not cost effective.

Old 03-01-2006, 10:42 PM
HCF Member

If someone is buying spoon stuff theyre really not worried about the money.

Old 03-01-2006, 10:47 PM
HCF Member

didnt you already have a post on this?

Old 03-01-2006, 11:02 PM
Recognized HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Pete

If someone is buying spoon stuff theyre really not worried about the money.
I totaly agree

Old 03-02-2006, 02:55 PM

ORIGINAL: Nail I3unny

like i said above, with that list itd prolly be cheaper to get spoon to build you an engine.
then that will take all the fun out of it!

Old 03-02-2006, 06:20 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Kedawei

I don't think Crower makes the pistons themselves. I think you get a choice of je, srp, or cp pistons with their stroker kits.
yeah i meant the pistons that come with the stroker kit.

Old 03-02-2006, 07:47 PM

would this radiator need a cooling fan?