Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

everything is going wrong!

Old 07-10-2006, 09:05 PM
HCF Member
Default everything is going wrong!

I have been having this problem for about 2 weeks.... my BRAKE indcator stays on when i am driving, even when my parking brake is down, my Right headlight doesnt work unless iturn sharpy, and my right turn signal light is staying on in my car (not blinking), and outside it is normal. When my headlights are on my AC refuses to work. and this is a 2005 Civic! What could be wrong? I had it checked by a professonal and he said i need to replace my battery and alternator but thats almost a $400.00 right off the bat! GRRRRR!

Old 07-10-2006, 09:22 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: everything is going wrong!

indcator stays on when i am driving, even when my parking brake is down
Check fluid 1st...Then it may be indicating that your brake pads are worn and need replacement.
Right headlight doesnt work unless iturn sharpy
Check for loose plug or a pinched wire..this will be a fun one to find.[:@]
right turn signal light is staying on in my car (not blinking), and outside it is normal
LOL...uhm....relay may be the cause of this...gonna have fun with this one too.[:'(][:@]
headlights are on my AC refuses to work
WTF has been going on with your ride dude?...LOL I'm guessing the battery is not holding...or power output (alt) is not allowing both to work, but I'd think it would outright kill the engine if either where that weak. Do you have issues with the car not starting? Do you trust this "professonal"??? or is he making money off of you?

Old 07-10-2006, 11:43 PM
HCF Member

Wow electrical mess I am leaving this alone and not touching it with a ten foot pole

Old 07-11-2006, 02:27 AM
HCF Member

Its an 05 and should still be under warranty, let the dealer fix it. I'd help you, but i don't feel like thinking right now.

Old 07-11-2006, 10:33 AM

Yeah what agent said, dealer... otherwise you are gonna have LOADS of fun trying to fix the problem yourself. You could have a crossed wire on your relay box, a pin on your turnsignal or headlight could be missing or not connecting properly... Lots of stuff to check through...

Let the dealer fix it.

Old 07-17-2006, 11:32 PM
HCF Member

My Honda dealership will not support the warranty because i moved out of the lower 48 and went to Alaska without notifiying the dealership first. The place i went to is a Les Shwab and yes he is making oney off of me. Could it be that my Alternator like over powered itself and short out some wires? i found a Alt but its 300.00....and with a new baby its hard to have someone else fix it and there isnt a Honda dealership around....i live in the middle of nowhere...i guess im stuck.[:@]

Old 07-19-2006, 02:22 AM
HCF Member

first , go start your car, then pull off the positive battery clamp, does it stasy running??? alternator is good then. all your issues appear to be lighting so all you need to check is the lighting wiring, keep this in mind, almost 90 % of electrical problems, its a bad ground somewhere, follow your headlight harness to where it grounds and check that first.

Old 07-19-2006, 03:40 AM

what city in alaska?? if you're in anchorage i may help cuz i'm moving back there in about 2 weeks

Old 07-22-2006, 04:20 PM
HCF Member

*UPDATE*
ok this is what i did, i started my car then took the + (red) battery clamp and it stayed on... so then i turned my parkinglights
on and my gauges dimmed very very low almost black but my egine stayed on. noeffect....then i turned the high beams on and my high beams and she died....is my ground at my high beams? how do i fix it?