Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

Fuel Line

Old 03-03-2008, 08:13 PM
Default Fuel Line

Hey,

A friend of mine did an engine swap for my civic. I actually have a 93 civic, 4 door sedan (EX), and we put in a 97 v-tech engine, 1.6 I believe. The fuel line from the old engine doesn't fit on the new engine we swapped in.

I don't know much myself, but my friend was telling me we need the fuel line which connects from the fuel filter to the intake. Does anyone have an idea where I can get one of these and how much I'm looking at spending? I went to a few shops and they didn't have it, and said I have to contact a dealer. Does anyone know if I can pick it up cheaper anywhere else? Cuz dealers are usually expensive...

Thanks in advance!!

Old 03-03-2008, 11:31 PM
Default RE: Fuel Line

u-pullit, you may need to change the filter out. if you get a used line make sure you clean it well with non abrasive cleaner so you dont damage the line and check it for cracks ect.. then once its on start it and check the fuel line for leaks really well!! engine fires are not fun and expensive to fix.