Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

Gave SeaFoam a try

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2006, 10:55 PM
Default Gave SeaFoam a try

Well, I've read a lot on the forums about this SeaFoam stuff and I figured I'd give it a try. I wish my digi cam was working because I would have loved to take a picuture of the smoke I so graced my neighborhood with, LOL... I put 1/3 in the gas tank (on a full tank), I put 1/3 in the crankcase, and the last 1/3 I sucked into the intake. I shut it off and let it sit for about 10 minutes or so. When I was sucking it into the intake, I didn't notice too much smoke coming out, but then again, my head was under the hood. But after I let it sit and then took it for a drive, I left my whole street in a mass of smoke like you wouldn't believe, it was a sight to be seen for sure.... It seemed to really smoke when I got on the pedal. I took it for a nice long drive, reving it, throttling it, putting it under load, etc, until I noticed I wasn't dumping tons of smoke anymore. Took quite a while before it all burned off. It seems to drive a little better now, seems to have more pick-up. It doesn't want to stall out when I come to a stop anymore either. I am still burning oil for some yet unknown reason, but I'm hoping this magical stuff will somehow clear up the burning oil syndrom also, by possibly freeing up a stuck oil ring or something, who knows...

My question is because I put this stuff in the crankcase, how long should I let it work its way around in there before I do an oil change to remove all the stuff the seafoam is supposed to clean out of my engine? Is there a recommended milage, certain amount of days, etc etc??

I'm hoping this thing will clean up my injectors real nice because my car can be kinda jerky on accelleration and I understand that's from (can be from) dirty injectors...

I never knew about seafoam until I joined this forum, excellent info guys!! Is it recommended to do a second treatment? I know that I have quite a bit of carbon buildup from the last time I took the head off this thing and I want to make sure I get it cleaned up nice. Would it hurt to do another treatment again in a week?