Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

H2B

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2007, 01:44 AM
Default RE: H2B

So with this kitwould it be comparable to a b-series engine swap? Would it bolt in easy with the proper mounts?

Old 03-30-2007, 02:50 AM

nevermind... decided aginst the h swap

either b swap or boost d??? dunno yet

Old 03-30-2007, 03:03 PM

ORIGINAL: ej6buddy

yeah, my bad, i meant to say it wasn't out in EVO's lineup, but Bismoto is a little better company and has a little more background as well as testing than Evolution, but yeah, i'm going to look into this and maybe wait a while (it might be a "while"). i like the h2b idea, but i'm really leaning towards the h2d kit, but i only know about the pros/cons and ideas behind the H2B, i don't know that much about the h2d kit yet.

and about the pistons, i've already looked into the type s 11.5:1, and that's about as high as i want to go, i know they're jdm, but i just didn't want to import some h22 longblock and some b16 tranny and pay all of those fees, as well as worry if it will pass inspection (which we may be getting in a few years).

I think if i do the h22/d swap, then throw in some 11.5:1 pistons, a good header with a retro-fitted V2 and a monster throttlebody, that thing would be a beast and would be some competition to a lot of cars around my area. (aka, might be playing with some ferraris and old vettes, j/k) but i think that would be good for about 240 hp if it's in mint shape.

i think i'm just gonna wait it out for a while and see if they create a new kit or something with a more solid design than the previous models (just like how the Evo is improved from the QSD kit in some ways)
Pros of H2D- cheaper, easy to get a hold of a tranny.
Cons- worse gearing.

If this new first gear gets made, added with mFactory's 4.928 final, a Ds gearing will be on par if not better than a Bs, at still less cost than a H2B.

I haven't well research the H22s potential, but I think 240 will be about the best you'll get out of that compression. I would reccomend Bisi's header (when it comes out) and cam gear as well.[sm=smiley20.gif]

Old 03-30-2007, 03:14 PM

ORIGINAL: 97_ex

nevermind... decided aginst the h swap

either b swap or boost d??? dunno yet
That may be a good idea. As stated, I haven't looked into H22s much, but I'm been catching wind of weak sleeve issues. Have to check that some more. An F22, on the other hand, is about on par with a K series if not better. Bisi makes near 400hp all motor out of his. It's expensive to build though. Forged pistons,anexpensive cam andvalve train (probably bisi), bisi header, and DIY or custom ITBs or carbs are all required to make use of it (and you won't make near Bisi's numbers).

An LS/VTEC can be done for quite a bit less and show good returns, and a turbo D can be done for even less and show even better returns.