Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

HELP PLEASE

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2006, 08:15 AM
Cat Fuсker
Default RE: HELP PLEASE

damn right this could be a possibility, but haven't you ever heard of starting fluid? That'l let you know right away if that's the case...

Old 10-28-2006, 08:57 AM

I know it sounds weird, but before yesterday, i hadent heard of the starting fluid, my dad brought it up. So, after i type this post, im going to get a can of starting fluid, a bottle of water remover, and 2 gallons of high octane and try this again. I think if it actuall does start ill pass out.

Old 10-28-2006, 09:06 AM
HCF Member

Well, it might be. But I think it is very low odds. I have several cases of starting a car that stayed for a year or so without any problem, and I don't think two months are enough to make gas completely useless.
Did you check your cam and crank syncronisation?

Old 10-28-2006, 09:14 AM
formerly aryiman98civic

my honda sat from november to april this past year without it ever starting up once. the battery went dead, so i had to get a new one and then when i started it, it went right up.

Old 10-28-2006, 02:31 PM
Cat Fuсker

my was on empty and it refused to start after a week. Had to put gas in it.

Old 10-28-2006, 02:37 PM

check simple things first, is it the right firin order. when i swapped my engine, i had the firing order right, but one postion off, common mistake, when your tired. its 1 3 4 2, and 1 is ath the bottom of the dizzy and go clockwise from there. that held me up for 2 days until i started messing with it.

Old 10-28-2006, 04:03 PM

Ok, im about to throw in the towel. Ive tried everything people-the timing is right, the firing order is right, put new gas in and even used enough ether starter fluid i should have blown myself up, new plugs, cleaned rotor and contact points in cap. Im at a total loss, and im just getting more pissed off each day. I spend two months building the damn thing, and it wont even start for me.

Old 10-28-2006, 05:14 PM
Cat Fuсker

do you have fuel pressure? There's a bleader on the fuel rail (tire vavle stem type) at which you can attach a fuel gauge and check. Do you have spark? Take a spare spark plug, plug a wire into it and hold the plug on grounding point. If you get spark and fuel than it has to be timing, but I kinda think that you might not have one of those.

Old 10-28-2006, 09:50 PM
HCF Member

I would join Roto on this. Do regular troubleshooting. What you would do if she run fine yesterday and did not start today.

Old 10-29-2006, 07:47 PM

Ok, i am throwing in the towel. It goes to a shop next week. I did everything in my power, and got nothing. Checked all the injectors, all the wires. Its getting total gas and spark. I just dont know, it wants to start so bad, just somthings not there. Side note, does anyone know what the compression readings should be for vitara pistons in a JDM D15B? I ran a test and got 90 across. Im glad they are the same, but just dont know if thats right, or low. Anyways, thats where i stand, it sucks, but i dont know what else to do.

Quick Reply: HELP PLEASE