Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

How can I make my Civic faster?

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2007, 09:35 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: How can I make my Civic faster?

ORIGINAL: matthewterrence

Yea the problem with that is I don't even know what I'm searching for... Thats why I posted on here. I was hoping some people would be able to say what to do or what parts to get ect.
If you can't find anything on the internet then I have a great book that would help. I just bought it the other day (you can get it from barnes and noble) it's called Honda/Acura Engine performance. I've starting reading it and its great. Good for the beginner to advanced. Here's the link on there website http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/isbnInquiry.asp?z=y&EAN=9781557883841&itm= 3
I hope this helps you out.

Old 06-30-2007, 07:06 AM
HCF Member

^^^ That's the book that got me started way back when. It's a great book that gives you the basics of about everything.

Old 06-30-2007, 08:44 AM
HCF Member

Id get a CAI, header, exhaust and install them at the same time, then drive the car after and feel the (around) 15hp gain. That was hook, line and sinker for me even though it was small hp.

Old 06-30-2007, 09:02 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: my05civic

here's some options if you want to be faster:
1) swap a vtec head from a d17a2 (don't attempt this since you're completely new to cars)
2) turbo your car (don't do this either, since you're new)
3) swap in a k20 (don't do this either)
4) get a new car (this you could do)

Even if you are new, just do some research and more research and you should be able to do it[8D].

Old 06-30-2007, 09:17 AM
Super Cereal Admin

ORIGINAL: Lost

Id get a CAI, header, exhaust and install them at the same time, then drive the car after and feel the (around) 15hp gain. That was hook, line and sinker for me even though it was small hp.
Could've been a 20-25hp gain if you'd have bought a bisimoto header lol

Anyway, there's really only one way to make a car faster. That's to swap out the transmission for one with longer gears.

Making a car quicker, however, is pretty easy. Install an intake (which you've already ordered), header, and exhaust. Keep your a/c off (if you have it) when you don't need it, since it takes power to run the a/c. Maybe lose some weight: remove the spare tire, rear seat, etc.

Remember, there's a difference between being fast and being quick. It's hard to make a Honda fast; making them quick... not so much.

Old 06-30-2007, 09:48 PM

I have the same car except its a 5 spd and I decided to just not waste my money on it and buy and older civic as a project car. I was going to swap in the K20 and boost it but then realized that would be more then a whole new car. Good thing I did this though my saving has paid off and I am probably buying my buds 500whp hatch off him really soon. I helped him with it and when we got it to 500 at the wheels he decided to sell it and start his next project, the twin turbo supra! I cant wait. I would just use your car forwhat you bought it for, gas mileage its just not worth spending that much money on the 7th gen.

Old 07-03-2007, 12:38 PM

well since this was a vague question maybe you should do some research and start off with a intake then go from there

Old 07-10-2007, 05:55 PM

ORIGINAL: ltkenbo

ORIGINAL: matthewterrence

Yea the problem with that is I don't even know what I'm searching for... Thats why I posted on here. I was hoping some people would be able to say what to do or what parts to get ect.
If you can't find anything on the internet then I have a great book that would help. I just bought it the other day (you can get it from barnes and noble) it's called Honda/Acura Engine performance. I've starting reading it and its great. Good for the beginner to advanced. Here's the link on there website http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/isbnInquiry.asp?z=y&EAN=9781557883841&itm= 3
I hope this helps you out.

i dont feel like waiting to get that UPS, can i download it somewhere? lol...jk...no really i am going to download it.

Old 07-10-2007, 06:13 PM
mxs
HCF Member

Suspension will make it much more fun.

Old 07-11-2007, 10:22 AM

hey dont worry i feel ya pain. im trying to make my civic faster as well. only thing is i have an older civc..its a 95 civic ex 4door..and some of my friends told me if i replaced my exhaust headers on down that it would throw off my o2 sensors.. so i am a bit hesitant to do it..were they jus pulling my leg? or is that a possibility??

Quick Reply: How can I make my Civic faster?