Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

hp gains (a/c)

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2008, 09:28 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: hp gains (a/c)

ORIGINAL: FlipHKD720

or if you're going turbo in the future oyu might have to remove it anyway (like i had to do)
That's because you're using the cheap hf manifoldwithyour weird extension adaptor

Old 02-03-2008, 12:48 PM

thanks guy its not my driving everyone that drives it has same thing happen. i was going to cut the springs in front to have more weight on front tires but i think am going to rise the back 1" and stiffing up the ride. and drag radial tries should help. this car was going to be a street race car but after spending money and talk to you guys and other ppl. i think its only going to b a track car only, i still have to do a lot of looking around and find out what i can do. thanks again and i should have pic's soon

Old 02-03-2008, 06:41 PM
HCF Member

The A/C has to be drained by someone that is licensed. You could vent it... but if you were reported and caught there are fines that are unimaginable. No the a/c has no affect when it is off, it uses an electromagnetic clutch that engages when it is turned on. I'd say itsabout a 10hp loss when it is on.

Old 02-04-2008, 11:35 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Littlehag

The A/C has to be drained by someone that is licensed. You could vent it... but if you were reported and caught there are fines that are unimaginable. No the a/c has no affect when it is off, it uses an electromagnetic clutch that engages when it is turned on. I'd say itsabout a 10hp loss when it is on.
not even close, with a motor that size, removing the ac will do more harm than good. if it's really going to be a track car, i wouldn't suggest lifting the car, and a stock motor just isn't acceptable imo.

Old 02-04-2008, 05:46 PM
HCF Member

how does removing the ac do harm?

Old 02-04-2008, 05:53 PM
HCF Member

https://www.hondacivicforum.com/m_405051/tm.htm

that might helpful if you are really goiong to remove it.

and i dont really understand the harm either other than being really hot in the summer

Old 02-04-2008, 09:12 PM
HCF Member

No A/C = Hot during the summer BUT there are things called windows to roll down to help it be not so hot!

Old 02-05-2008, 09:21 AM

i know about the stock eng. working on that man,

Old 02-05-2008, 11:57 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: magic_mohawk

No A/C = Hot during the summer BUT there are things called windows to roll down to help it be not so hot!
moving hot air doesn't = a.c. lol

imo, if you are removing a piece such as an air conditioning system to gain a lot of performance in a car, then you started with the wrong car.and i meant harm as in sweating to death.

Old 02-05-2008, 12:44 PM
HCF Member

You have to admit that it's better then baking with your windows rolled up. Some people are dumb like that and won't roll down windows. Then again, I'm in Idaho so we don't get as hot as say California. I guess it just depends on where you live?

Quick Reply: hp gains (a/c)