Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

No compression after head fixing...

Old 02-21-2005, 09:15 AM
Default No compression after head fixing...

93EXSEDAN - B16Z6 motor....

I had many troubles fixing the head after a gasket blown....

Now, the head is lower, i changed many things around the valves and the motor is dead. It was knocking, burning oil and gas adn suddenly it went off. Doesn't startup. I gave it to a mechanic and he checked fuel injection (OK), dizzy (OK), everything was ok, include the timming. But it doesn't start. He checked the compression, and wow!!!! 3 cylinders low, near ZERO and one good!!!!

How can it happens suddenly?? What could be the problem? I am very concerned about what did he make at the head!!! Did anyone have a problem like this? Can anyone give me a clue about what to do now?

I appreciate your replies, please...

RGDS,,

Alex

Old 02-21-2005, 03:00 PM
Default RE: No compression after head fixing...

Well, first of all, I'm going to make the assumption that you meant D16Z6. First step: MAKE SURE THE TIMING BELT DIDN'T BREAK. Now, because of the fact that it was burning oil, I would say your rings were on the way out. But for you to lose compression in 3 cylinders after getting head work done makes it sound more like valvetrain problems (bent valves, perhaps?) Your mechanic could have ****ed them up real good. The first (and easiest) step, I would say, is to drain the oil and take the pan off and check out the bottom end. If it was knocking, there's a good chance you have some serious problems crankside, so it's important you check the piston rods and crowns, and make sure the bearings are ok. Unfortunately, it may already have self-destructed... After that, check out the valves and valve guides to make sure everything's kosher, because that sounds like a more likely culprit of sudden massive compression failure.