Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

Rebuilding...

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2007, 12:29 PM
HCF Member
Default Rebuilding...

I found a kit on google for like $1,500 to rebuild my engine for my civic and I was curious to get some opinions on what that would do and if it's worth it.

this is what im talking about; http://www.importperformanceparts.ne...ek-ehonda.html

P.S. I DO NOT WANT TO BUY AN OLD CAR TO PART FROM.... just want to make what i have sick as ****....

Old 02-12-2007, 01:37 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Rebuilding...

rebuilding an engine is different from building it up. it sounds like youre out for maximum horsepower.

if that's the case then hotter cams, beefier pistons/rods and block sleeving are needed (which will help if you ever turbo).

Old 02-12-2007, 01:54 PM
HCF Member

It seems to me it would be a waste of money to rebuild your engine considering how new your car is. If you are building up your engine for more power you could save a lot of money buying forgedrods and pistons and leaving out all that extra crap in the kit. That kit itself isn't going to give you more power. I suggest you start with intake, headers, and exhaust.
________
Glass pipe pictures

Last edited by arust45; 09-10-2011 at 02:33 AM.
Old 02-12-2007, 03:47 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: arust45

If you are building up your engine for more power you could save a lot of money buying forgedrods and pistons and leaving out all that extra crap in the kit.
how much does that run; forged rods, pistons, cams?

and what can i expect to gain from it. I'm also interested in wondering if it is possible to make my red line at like 8 like the SI engine, can imodify my engine to do that?

Old 02-12-2007, 09:49 PM
Recognized HCF Member

gotta get stronger rod bolts and duel valve springs to start reving that high

Old 02-12-2007, 10:48 PM
HCF Member

I dont know how much aftermarket support there is for D17's. I am saving up for eagle rods and vitara pistons for a turbo build i'll be doing at the end of the year on my d16. Together, those will run me 5-600. Research what options you have for your motor. Just remember that you'll only need forged internals for pushing upwards of 200 whp, which is only realistically attainable if you're lookin to turbocharge.
________
LIVE SEX

Last edited by arust45; 09-10-2011 at 02:34 AM.
Old 02-13-2007, 08:47 AM
formerly aryiman98civic

i would not get cams because they really dont do much to help with hp or anything. i would look at the options of getting forged pistons (weisco and cp) and new rods (eagle)

also look into the department of arp head studs, you will need this if you end up going with a turbo.

Old 02-13-2007, 01:56 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: drbyers

if that's the case then hotter cams, beefier pistons/rods and block sleeving are needed (which will help if you ever turbo).
.....wish somebody would explain sleeving to me[&:]

Old 02-13-2007, 02:16 PM

i think this is the 2nd or 3rd time this guy has asked a bunch of noobish questions about stuff... like where to find k20 etc...

seriously, do some research instead of asking us what things would cost.... i mean i had no clue, but looking into stuff got me quite a bit of information about my engine, and how to build it up for more horsepower

Old 02-13-2007, 02:18 PM

ORIGINAL: FlipHKD720

ORIGINAL: drbyers

.....wish somebody would explain sleeving to me[&:]
sleeving is the concept of boring out and machining the area around the cylinders to a wide diameter, and then placing precisely machines tubes of stronger metal in these slots...

the idea being replacing the not so strong stock engine block material with a stronger more durable layer right around the piston.

you can also increase displacement at the same time

Quick Reply: Rebuilding...