Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

turbo or na?

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2005, 10:31 PM
Default RE: turbo or na?

well, i must say that i'm highly impresed with the open minds here. but no, i'm not looking to sell your people any of the units. i was wanting to know, why the unit was being laughed at? and no, the units are not universal. they will not work on any of the following; fords,mazdas,audis,tbi systems,2000-2005 cavaliers and sunfires, or carburated systems. the 2 mags that have agreed to any testing were speed,style,and sound magazine, and import tuner. there is a full page add being released in speed,style,and sound magazine the 13th of this month. but as i said before, i have no intensions on selling you anything, i was only wanting to know why it was being laughed at.

Old 12-08-2005, 11:04 PM

Probable causes of poor product reception:

1) Heavy skepticism (myself included), based on the fact that we're talking about energy transfer within a closed loop, i.e. using engine power to make engine power. It sounds fine in theory, sure, but when it's actually on paper, the "all gain, no pain" theory begins to break down. With a real turbocharger, waste energy is used to generate power, but with a supercharger or electric fan of any kind, that energy is coming straight off the crank in the form of more alternator or blower resistance.

2) To a lesser extent: I'm sure all that crap on eBay isn't helping your reputation.

3) Reliability issues. Enough said.

But if you sent someone as widely respected as sacs one and he tested it and gave it a good rep, you would be guaranteed sales. Period. That's how you start a business.

Old 12-09-2005, 09:32 AM
HCF Member

+1^ This forum is HUGE. THere a little over 6800 of potential clients in this database. This forum is also widely respected by others in the Honda world. If sacs proved that it was worht a damn, you gotta buyer out of me until I got th real deal.

Old 12-09-2005, 12:37 PM

please enlighten me on the definition of. 'the real deal'

Old 12-09-2005, 01:38 PM
HCF Member

hell i know if sacs gave a good review then you could mark me up for one. but from your last posts, speedfreak, it seems to me that you are backing down from our proposition?

please respond, as I would love to hear what you have to say to sacs and his proposition.

BTW, IDK about the first mag, but Import Tuner is ok.... I wish it was Honda Tuning though [&:]

edit-ALSO- in the Wizards of NOS post you say that the elctric turbo runs at around 1.7 or 2 PSI and you're claiming about a 50 horse gain?! turbos and supers run that run at about 5 or 6 PSI only see about a 50 horse gain... does this seem weird to anyone else? seems to me that you're claiming this thing to be more efficient than a turbo or s/c? maybe I'm wrong, if so please point out my wrongness(lol @ word wrongness)

edit again- never mind. i see that you tell that a buick only saw 28 ponies... how much would one of these cost for a 96-00 civic SOHC?I would hope i wouldn't have to use the "dual setup"....

Old 12-09-2005, 02:11 PM

wow, were to start? i usually don't care for debates on chat forums, they always turn ugly. as far as being more efficient than some superchargers or turbo's goes? yes they are. we had one of these 'chat forums' do a test on a 96 integra, and compare it to the jackson supercharger for the same vehicle. i was told by one of the members by personal e-mail, that the jackson supercharger called for a 32hp gain, and when they tried the e-turbo they got 31hp. would they admit to this? NO!! they wouldn't. i contacted paxton and vortec personally on this devise, their engineers told me over the phone, that they will not do a test on the product. why? because after looking at the dyno results, they called it a DIRECT THREAT. not to the bigger psi systems, but the smaller psi units. and most people can afford the smaller systems easier. tuner performance reports magazine agreed to do a comparison test between all of the ebay, eram systems, and my unit. all declined but me. eram declined 6 times. would i let a magazine compare my unit to a supercharger of 6psi or less? you bet your *** i would. we have sent out over 75 units to different small companies and chat forums. all have claimed that the units work to what we claim, but they will not openly admit to it. everytime the word electric turbo is mentioned, people are wizzing their pants to try it out, but the same comes out all the time, they will not admit to it. as far as the civic goes, no you will not need the twin setup, it is always better to have the twins, especially from the dyno we got from the twin setup on the cavalier. the civic you were refering to will get between36-40hp with the single unit. our new site has not been put up yet, but we are now offering a 30day money back guarrantee, and a minimum of 20hp with a single unit or your money back. as far as the demo goes? i will have to decline, were afraid that we will get the same response as the others.

Old 12-09-2005, 02:26 PM
HCF Member

We are a completly differnt forum. It is white and blue so people can 'see the light'

Old 12-09-2005, 02:27 PM
HCF Member

But if you got a gaurentee, I just might take you up on it and be the damn guinea pig.

Old 12-09-2005, 02:30 PM

what would be the test car?

Old 12-09-2005, 02:45 PM
HCF Member

'00 Civic Dx D16y7 I/E . People know me on here fairly well also. I would honestly admit it too. I dont like lying anyway. When people prove me wrong, I exploit the fact that I was proved wrong.

I will gladly take you electric turbo for a spin. If what you say is true, I will make sure of it that you sell a few of em off this forum.

Will it work off a stock battery? And can I set it to work with my throttle?

Quick Reply: turbo or na?