EP Swaps 2001+ Civics

Should i Buy? Swap

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2007, 12:50 PM
Default Should i Buy? Swap

Ok, like alot of guys on here i have a 01 Civic 4DLX wich i am convinced is one of the slowest cars on the road. But when it was handed down to me i was all excited, and i could not wait to mod it. Anyway to make a long story short i'v spent over $5k on audio, video and exterior mods and of corse the basic bolt on engine mods. I was gonna go for the k20 swap but it seems like a lot moretrouble to put in and get running then this would be not to mentiona lot more money. Again back to what i want to know if it is worth it look at the links below and tell me what u guys think, I dont want a car that will smoke everything on the road just somthing that picks up a little better. All in all i don't think it should go to muchover about $2k and i should get some decent gains in hp + the blow off valve sound is pricless.

Old 02-08-2007, 05:51 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Should i Buy? Swap

Please edit your post and delete both of those links... why would you swap out your engine with the same engine? Check that off the list. And that turbo is crap. You dont just bolt on a turbo and it suddenly makes you go fast... Do not waste money on power adds on your LX... just save up good money and do a k20 swap. There is absolutely NO concievable way you'll get decent power out of your D series unless you spend well over 2000.

Old 02-09-2007, 11:15 AM

Ah i undersatnd now so the 7th gen LXhonda's are complete garbage when it come to performance, thanks for the insite. I think i may just sell it then, i hate to see it go because i'v spent so much money on it already but i want a car that has so kind of performance. Spending another 8k on it does not seem wirth it, thats besides what a totaly custom setup it would be. I'm just gonna buy an 07 SI or 06 RSX Type S

Old 02-12-2007, 12:43 AM
HCF Member

Whoa whoa... you're talking about spending another 8k on a SUPER fast civic for about 20grand compared to trading in your old civic (maybe 6-7 g if it is in good condition) towards a 30,000 dollar car that still will need upgrades to beat your LX with an engine swap. I have an 04 LX and I want to do the swap but I just cant justify it (married and 10 grand could do ALOT of travelling)... just make it a long term goal to take out like 100 bucks from every paycheck and put it in a different account and do the swap in a couple years... I'm sure by then you're going to get a really good engine for a fraction of the cost they are now.

Old 02-12-2007, 04:56 AM

Really, Do you know any good shops out here in NYC Moogly? I mean that could do such a complex swap, order all the parts and do a professional install? I don't want to spend all that money and go to a place thats gonna charge me an arm and a leg and do a half *** job. Most shops that i see out here are like that, so if u can find me one or tell me were i can look for one that would be great. I would really hate to sell my civic not only because of all the money i'v spent on it already but just because the way it's done, it's easly one of the best 7th gen 4D civic's i have ever seen in NYC or on the web. I'l try and post some pictures in a few day my girlfriends just got a new digital camera.

Old 02-13-2007, 01:13 PM

And that turbo looks like SSautogarbagge.